• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If it's going to take two weeks to resolve, is that because the club need to wait for the result of a second drugs test? (this is only based on boxing where I think if someone is found to have failed a test they can then send off for a second 'B' test which takes some time to come back). Pure speculation, but it was my initial thought last night.

Trevor fitzpatrick is till one of the worst strikers I've seen pull on the shirt. Complete garbage.

Reminds me when my son was small and the club use to sell pin badges of players in the shop, Flavs, Carruthers, Maher,Jones were the top sellers, whilst taking his time to pick a new one, a gentleman tapped him on the shoulder and said have you got Fitzpatrick in your collection

Eight year old innocence showed through, when he said no I only collect the good players :hilarious:, turns out the guy was Trevor's father who asked the question:'(

I have no knowledge on this case. However generally a failed test for social drugs or possession (such as a police caution) are treated the same. The FA sanction for a first offence is 0-3 months dependent on mitigating/aggravating circumstances. The offence carries a provisional ban.At the low end therefore a player could be back available to play in 2-3 weeks (already served under the provisional ban) at the other end 3 months. Sanction for second and third offences up considerably.

In practical terms the length of any ban may or may not have a significant impact on the outcome regarding employment.

I have no knowledge on this case. However generally a failed test for social drugs or possession (such as a police caution) are treated the same. The FA sanction for a first offence is 0-3 months dependent on mitigating/aggravating circumstances. The offence carries a provisional ban.At the low end therefore a player could be back available to play in 2-3 weeks (already served under the provisional ban) at the other end 3 months. Sanction for second and third offences up considerably.

In practical terms the length of any ban may or may not have a significant impact on the outcome regarding employment.

Yeah, just been reading the same stuff on the FA website. The 2 weeks is I assume to do a second test.

Only thing making me wonder about the drugs test theory is that Chris Phillips said on Facebook that he knew about the issue before the Club did. If it is a drugs ban and Chris is right then that doesn't say much for the administration at the club.

Only thing making me wonder about the drugs test theory is that Chris Phillips said on Facebook that he knew about the issue before the Club did. If it is a drugs ban and Chris is right then that doesn't say much for the administration at the club.

Would not suprise me if he had a random test directly after the Sheffield game....I think they can do instant results type thing..then send it off for further investigation .The FA instantly suspended him until further conclusions have been reached.

Well I find it all very disappointing, we thought Ranger was our Messiah, but it turns out he's just been a very naughty boy!

Well I find it all very disappointing, we thought Ranger was our Messiah, but it turns out he's just been a very naughty boy!

It's in his nature. He doesn't seem to be able to discard the thug life. He even turned up to court looking like a gangsta. Not the brightest spark I've heard.

Apparently Nile Ranger has been taking a drug called Growacet. Hasn't worked for him unfortunately, and probably never will.

My company use a firm that carries out drug tests - a positive result will show immediately. As mentioned, it then gets sent to the lab but we usually have it back in 5 days at most. I cannot say for sure what the procedure is for PEDs but if it was recreational drugs, it would have been cleared up a lot quicker than this.

Maybe a sign things are on the slide since Kavanagh left?

Apparently a mate of mine who's on drugs says Ranger has been done for playing golf with Tilly. Or something like that.

If it were a drug test and CP new first then the FA has a case to answer (unlikely), however possession carries the same penalty (all allegedly of course as its all pure speculation..)

OR Maybe Chris Phillips has finally realised what a tin pot paper the Echo is and wants a job at the Daily Telegraph and so has gone undercover in an "Allardyce style" entrapment. . . . .

:whistling:

Southend Echo or Daily Telegraph? Tricky decision there I would have thought. At least with the Echo he is a bigish fish in small pond.

The Echo states Nile is suspended from all first team matches and friendlies! Does that mean he's not at training either? If not and the club do decide to keep him on after it will be another 2-3 weeks before he's match fit again!!!

Ranger not training at B&L today.

Back