• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No Money? No need...

Bit misleading all that! No good saying "we dont have to spend any money" then list players that are clearly out of our wage bracket like Harding, Sodje and Duberry (do me a favour!).

If any players like this WERE to drop to League 1, then there is now a queue a mile long of 'better' clubs than us. Even given the financial situation, would you rather play at Roots Hall or St Mary's?

Unfortunately, I'm resigned to the fact that probably Tilly keeps aluding too. We are just going to have to sit it out and wait to see who's left come July/August as we cannot attract anyone decent.

I predict we will make probably 1 permanent signing at best - which will be a centre-half. Come August, we will probably pick up a left back and another CB maybe, on a free and probably a loan deal for a winger.

Other than that, dont expect anything in the way of decent incomings.

But having money available for transfer fees and wages are two completely different things and are budgetted differently.

The budget for transfer fees would include signing on fees but not wages, where as on the wages front with Clarkey going its taken one of our highest earners off the books.

As maninasuitcase has said the likes of Sodje, Duberry and Harding may have been earning top dollar at their old Clubs, but come the start of July they are unemployeed and earning nothing. They are going to have to drop their wages to find new Clubs, just look at Michael Owen for example he wont be picking up the Ā£100K odd a week he was earning at Newcastle at someone like Everton or Villa.

Don't get me wrong, those 3 players are more than likely out of reach financially for us, but the whole post was to show an example of the types of players out there that are still available.

Back