• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To be perfectly honest, Boothroyd has said he's going to be making tweaks to the system after our away day humiliations in recent times. For me, I think we'll go (or I would go).

......................................Nicholls............................
......Tozer.........Carlisle.....................Langmead.........Widdowson
...........................Guttridge.............Hornby/Harding...................
..........Hackett.............................................O'Donovan..........
..................................Platt..........Bayo....................................

I really don't know if one the big two up top will be dropped, perhaps O'Donovan moves up front and then Jake Robinson comes on to the left wing. I hope Hornby plays, broke into the team at 17 earlier this year as a youth player and looked almost a class above. Really exciting prospect, tenacious midfielder, which you need away from home.

In form players, Guttridge had a stormer last Saturday, and looks much more of a mature player since he came back. Hackett, our number 11, you'll have done your homework on him. Has just been amazing all season, Rotherham worked him out and he had a quiet game but he set up a goal on Saturday and won a penalty. Direct, quick and lethal on the counter, watch out for him. Akinfenwa scored on Saturday for the first time in ages and has looked a bit out of sorts, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped as Platt has been playing well.

If you are vulnerable at set pieces then that's not great, as we've scored bags of goals from them. Watch out for Tozer's howitzer of a throw that he can lob in from anywhere inside your half.

FFS! Southend 0 Northampton 1 (Guttridge, 90+5). It had to be him, didn't it. :thumbdown::'(

Don't normally do predictions regularly but I do fancy Assombalonga to score tomorrow

line up??????
Smith
clohessy prosser mohsni straker

hurst spillane lund reeves

corrr brit ?????????

Probs this (if Mohsni coming back is true) - with Prosser continuing with the captaincy.

Smith
Clohessy Mohsni Prosser Straker
Hurst Spillane Lund Mayor
Reeves
Assombalonga

Christ! notwithstanding the rumours on here, when was the last time Bilel played a competitive game......isn't there a match fitness issue, even puting aside other ones?

I think he has played less than 90 minutes of first team football this season, but he has been training .... just with nearly every other football league club!

After some diliberation, i think we'll go for the following:

Moshni
Moshni Moshni Moshni Moshni
Moshni Moshni Moshni Moshni
Moshni Moshni

think we'll go for 4-4-2, not too sure about subs.

My team

Smith
Clohessy - Lund - Prosser - Straker
Leonard - Spillane - Reeves - Mayor
Corr - Assombolonga

subs Bentley - Coughlan - Woodyard - Spicer - Paxman - Harris - Eastwood

A close 2-1 victory, we should have just enough, tempted to play Coughlan to thwart Akinfenwa & Platt. They do not have pace, just big brutes perfect for Coughlan to keep at bay. We keep these quiet we win the game, they are not great away. Of course any injured players passing a late fitness test will be needed to start or fill the bench. A crowd of 4800 with 500 away.

Back