• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ocean Beach Cafe Bar Bistro

Has anyone been to the above? Can they recommend it as somewhere for good food/reasonably priced?

Been in the past to The Glasshouse, The Boatyard, Fleur de la Provence and looking for similar experience food/atmosphere but preferably less harder on the wallet!
Ta

Haven't been myself, but have heard nothing but bad word's about the place...

The Breakfast is particularly poor, and most dishes are over-priced by all accounts...

But, as I say that is only what I have heard.

rock.gif

Haven't been there, but if they think they can get away with calling the Thames estuary "the Ocean" then I'm not surprised to hear its over-priced.

Lol, breakfast is definately poor. Got there and had to wait 10 minutes to get seated. Then the best part of 30-45 mins waiting for their breakfast, which could have been done at home in 10 minutes. If you intend to go down for breakfast. Phone them up and book a table

When we went we got a table, sat down read the menu and noticed that breakfasts go up after 11am , even though its the same ingredients. Then we waited, and waited a bit more, then thought sod it, and went to the 100 cafe just up the beach. Got served immediately and cheaper as well.
If you want to pay for ponceyness then go for it. If you just want some scran then go to the 100 or Val Looneys on the West Esplanade.

Yeah its a bit "up-market", my missus lives just over the road and we've been in there once, the novelty of sitting on the beach wear's off pretty quickly and tbh we would rather take a few tinnies over there anyway!

Service was appaling when we went in there but I put that down to teething problems as it had only just opened.

Food was alright when it eventually came, basically a small step up from pub grub but reasonably priced for what it was. Overall, just OK and another addition to the options for a meal out in Southend but nothing to rave about

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 07 2006,15:53)]Haven't been there, but if they think they can get away with calling the Thames estuary "the Ocean" then I'm not surprised to hear its over-priced.
biggrin.gif

I thought that too.

"Ocean"
laugh.gif

Back