• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh dear....Nile's in trouble....again.

I thought this was well known (certainly was by the club). Its why he had to be picked up and driven to training and on match days. I believe Jacob Mellis played chauffeur?

So doubt it changes whatever the outcome is likely to be. He will get a driving ban and a fine (not in itself something many many pro footballers before him haven't received). Don't think this will play any part in whatever decision PB makes- what will is PBs previous and current views on him as a potential player at the club next season. Not sure that will necessarily be a source of comfort for Nile either. We will see..
So that's why we signed Mellis!

Yeh but mans a road man you get fam. Once a road man always a road man. Braaaaaaaap.

But yeh I like him but he’s not only a criminal clown but also an injury prone clown now. He would smash up the NL if fully fit tbh. Not sure if he worth the gamble he hasn’t really played in like 3 years. Also now he’s 30 he has access to that 500k or what ever it was he lit into his trust fund from his Newcastle days that he cohost touch until now so he might be going on reckless.

The good news just keeps coming.
Talented footballer but someone with an attitude to life that is only fit for the gutter. Not sorry to see him go.

Really thought the penny might have finally dropped, feel sorry for his family who will probably continue to endure his s**t indefinitely

Not surprising really. After everything I’ve seen from Stan so far, I didn’t expect Nile to last long.

i'm shocked --- He scored more goals for us ( 10) than any other club in his career !

In his 4 years at Newcastle , he actually only scored 2 league goals !!!!! :-0

I assumed his stats would have been far more impressive early in his career.....

I thought this was well known (certainly was by the club). Its why he had to be picked up and driven to training and on match days. I believe Jacob Mellis played chauffeur?

So doubt it changes whatever the outcome is likely to be. He will get a driving ban and a fine (not in itself something many many pro footballers before him haven't received). Don't think this will play any part in whatever decision PB makes- what will is PBs previous and current views on him as a potential player at the club next season. Not sure that will necessarily be a source of comfort for Nile either. We will see..

The club have known since just after the offence. Nile didn't actually tell them for a few days tho. Probably dreaded it after all the 'I've changed my ways' and given up drink promises. I made a few comments on the Nile Ranger thread, then had to bite my tongue, and kept quiet. This is part of my 'You don't know the half of it' comment. To which I got shot down. Fans were desperate for this bad boy striker to come and score the goals we desperately needed. They were willing to believe that he had changed his ways. Another poster has alluded to Nile borrowing from some of the squad. Yes he is a lend me a few quid till the end of the month type. But I've heard he does pay back. Ron likes him, and even lent or gave him a car. I suspect Ron thought it best to keep quiet on his offence and this court case, and by then Nile may have scored those goals, performed good football for the team, and we go from there. But it hasn't turned out that way. So what happens to Nile Ranger now, we shall see. Me personally, I think he's a total wasted talent. He never learns, and doing bad stuff is in his blood. Really nice and fun guy to talk to. When that huge cheque clears, I fear the worst. I think it will be party time to the extreme. I just hope he buys a flat instead, to stop him blowing it.

Back