• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh dear....Nile's in trouble....again.

An inevitable conclusion to our association with Nile Ranger. Why we signed him for a second time simply beggars belief ... good riddance and time to move on.

Leaving aside all the 'incidents' that are well documented , I don't actually think he's a very good player.

Well, get him out and invest the budget saving into the £500k short fall just as Ron said in the last zoom meeting.

If PB has signed, then he is happy with the budget and we will be a better club without Ranger.

I thought this was well known (certainly was by the club). Its why he had to be picked up and driven to training and on match days. I believe Jacob Mellis plaed chauffeur?

So doubt it changes whatever the outcome is likely to be. He will get a driving ban and a fine (not in itself something many many pro footballers before him haven't received). Don't think this will play any part in whatever decision PB makes- what will is PBs previous and current views on him as a potential player at the club next season. Not sure that will necessarily be a source of comfort for Nile either. We will see..
It wasn't known by the club until a couple of days before his first court appearance was scheduled . He divulged it to a senior player asking if he should mention it to MM. He was of course advised to asap. It then got deferred to now I believe.
Just normal in rangers world and is why some of us said what we did at the time about taking him back.

What a waste of talent when other young lads work their socks off for the opportunities he has had. I think MM, or perhaps RM, were pinning their hopes on Nile to get goals for us and I reckon that maybe stopped us looking elsewhere for a striker. Water under the bridge now but what might have been different if we hadn't given him another chance and brought in someone else.

Please shut this thread. The past is the past. Let’s be positive and move forward!!! ?

As soon as PB was back in the building there was only going to be one outcome imo. Nile was the catalyst and start of the situation we find ourselves in now. As others have said leopards never change their spots. I wonder if PB now regrets signing Nile the first time round?

What a contrast with the Rev Ricky Otto - both in ability to reform and on the football pitch. As Rev Ricky puts it on his Twitter account, "from prison to pitch to pulpit".

Back