• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham Athletic 0-0 Southend United

Absolute joke not getting 3 points today but it’s the same old story where we are literally missing 2-3 good chances per game with the usual suspects not doing their job.

I always said barrow would eventually get that win and our scraping a point wouldn’t always be enoigh and this is concrete proof of that. We need to go on a little run but with no goals in us where’s that coming from?.

I think Grimsby have had it do it’ll probably be the worst out of us, vale and Colchester. A long long 3 months ahead folks with something needing to change quickly in front of goal at least.
I'd be quite happy with both you and us getting out of it. Things might look bleak - but we both are picking up points - and could be within 2 points of free falling Port Vale by next weekend.

Molesley mentions on BBC Essex that he felt the pitch was energy sapping, and the swiftness of Akinola's injury, meant he plumped for Demetriou and Halford ahead of Holmes and Goodship. Fair point on a half fit Holmes, Goodship would have been more like for like for Akinola though.
He also mentioned that he wanted Halford for his height in the box and also for his long throw. Not sure Halford's got the pace to get on the end of one his own throws!

At the start it was W0 D2 L9 scored 5 conceded 25 and Guardiola wouldn't have done any better. Since then W6 D7 L9 scored 16 conceded 22 so how does that not make Molesley a decent manager
Indeed we have one of the best young managers in the league. I bumped into a well known football journalist down Leigh tip before the season started. He was convinced we'd go down. Toxic culture, no experience and little talent ready to play at this level. Now I'm quite an optimistic fan but agreed. Now look at us. Who cares what Oldham fans think. Which team will get more points from now til the end of the season. Disappointed not to get all 3 points but apart from the cows arse problem we were outstanding.

I'd be quite happy with both you and us getting out of it. Things might look bleak - but we both are picking up points - and could be within 2 points of free falling Port Vale by next weekend.
We could be within a few points if we get a couple of 0-0 draws and the lose all of their games.

How times have changed. MM is now an idiot for subbing Emile.

I'm surprised none of you have mentioned another clear pen we didn't get. After EA headed it against the bar watch what happens on the rebound

Yet again we are silent and allowed the ref to not give it. At worst you make him feel he owes you a big decision but not us. Its been like it for far to long now.

Last edited:

I'm surprised none of you have mentioned another clear pen we didn't get. After EA headed it against the bar watch what happens on the rebound
Unfortunately L2 referees are straight from the local rec- you might get lucky or not but don’t be relying on them spotting anything..

I think most of the frustration today comes from the fact that the game was there for the taking. Positives for sure, solid at the back, apart from a couple of headers, Oldham never had a sniff. Clifford was excellent again and I thought RHF was causing issues. Big game on Tuesday, three points are a must.

Yet again we are silent and allowed the ref to not give it. At worst you make him feel he owes you a big decision but not us. Its been like it for far to long now.
I noticed that too at the time but of course the Oldham commentators didn't. Emile berated the ref but he seemed to be the only one. Clearing for a corner by barging Emile to the floor was clearly acceptable

I

i shouted at the TV. Aquah was just barged out the way going for the rebound, however I think Oldham may have had a shout in the first half for a karate head kick by someone.

Agree totally. Their player jumped right into Emile from behind,, knocking him to the ground. Clear penalty today but the ref was the biggest homer I've seen in ages

Disappointed not to get all 3 points today. However, I want to stop short of 2nd guessing and criticizing MM for the rest of the season. When I've posted this season, I've always seen a path to staying up ,still do. I've also said that it's going to be "ugly" and a "scrap" until the end of the season, still think that as well. If we go down, it has MM's name on it, likewise if we stay up. He's inherited a terrible situation, has improved things considerably over the course of the season. I'm behind him with my full support, It's too late do anything else. Still hoping to give out a huge sigh of relief the last day of the season. Certainly, this has been the most stressful season I've experienced in My 51 years off supporting the "Blues"

Upping the rule to 5 subs was a shockingly poor decision. It was bad enough with 3 but the nonsense that we will now forever have, both during the game with and comments after by fans. Its just another nail in the beautiful game...... Go back to two and no keepers on the bench.

Back