• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
We are one day away from another FL1 game, this time with Oldham Athletic. So far we have threads discussing ticket price stitch-ups, the referee and the Official site's bias towards selling tickets for Col U at the expense of the Oldham ones.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, now is the time to ramp up a pre-match thread for said Oldham game and do all the normal stuff we do on pre-threads. I suggest we discuss ticket price stitch-ups, the referee and how many will go to Oldham, or we could do something different and name our team for the day and the score.

I'm a bit torn, but have decided to go for team naming. Based on Saturday's result I predict exactly the same team to start and a 1-0 to Southend.

• 01 Bentley
  • 02 White
  • 05 Thompson
  • 26 Barrett
  • 03 Coker
  • 07 Worrall
  • 18 Leonard
  • 12 Atkinson
  • 14 Hurst
  • 10 Payne
  • 09 Mooney

• Substitutes

• 06 Prosser
  • 13 Smith
  • 15 Bolger
  • 20 Rea
  • 23 Pigott
  • 24 O'Neill
  • 28 Williams

I feel better now.

Last edited:
Given the ticket situation I hpoe we pump them. Phil will stick with the same 11 assuming there aren't any new injuries.

0-0 for me, hopefully we can nick something.

When you read this on the Oldham board-

when we have a go we look alright.

Instead we try and drain the life out of every match, the opposition and everybody in the ground to secure a clean sheet and hopefully pick them off with one goal. This we're not very good at.

With Mr Brown using the exact same tactics you would not want to even pay a £5 to watch this game. 1-0 either way for me. The goal will probably come from a free kick or a corner folowed by a mad scramble in the box. Just hope we get the 1.

I believe PB will go again with the same line up; I would prefer to see Joe start with Jack as the Mooney/Jack does not appear to benefit either of them or us. In the last two games I don't recall a pass between the Mooney/Jack line where as just in 10 minutes on Saturday Joe had a couple of good interplays with Jack.
And for anyone going to Boundary Park to watch, you have my admiration - horrible ground, and always freezing cold, in an industrial wasteland.

With 3 games in 8 days I fully expect Brown to go for an unchanged line up. Then sometime around 17.10 on Saturday he will bemoan the fact that many players look tired!

Given the ticket situation I hpoe we pump them. Phil will stick with the same 11 assuming there aren't any new injuries.

0-0 for me, hopefully we can nick something.

No - everything will be screwed down at Boundary Park or will have already blown away in the recent gales. They are quite close to Liverpool and Manchester you know ................ :unsure:

Encouraging ;

Oldham have scored 1 goal or less in 15 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 1, draw 6 and lose 8 of these matches.

In their last 20 home matches, Oldham have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 1.6 goals per game on average.

I don't think I would take a draw if it was offered now. I think we have a good chance of winning this one.

2-0 Shrimpers - Payne brace.

I don't think I would take a draw if it was offered now. I think we have a good chance of winning this one.

2-0 Shrimpers - Payne brace.

when did we re-sign Stuart Brace, was I away on holiday at the time?

Oldham's form is very poor looking at their results. Only 3 wins in the last 19 games, and one of those against a League two side (after a draw). Very surprised they are not in the bottom 4

They are also one of only 2 teams all season to not score against Colchester. Would I be happy with a point, probably at the end of the day, but 3 should be achievable if we play anywhere near normal and don't have any dodgy ref/bad luck moments.

We should be looking to win this one and judging from a brief look at their forum Oldham's fans aren't too happy at the moment, but Oldham have drawn the most games in the league this season. Think it'll either be a dire 0-0 or a scrappy 1-0 win for us.

We should play Pig along side Mooney and damn well go for goals. What is the point of Pig being here if he ain't going play? I don't expect to see Hunt anytime soon so presume Pig will be signed until end of season - he's our leading goal scorer isn't he so start with him!
Oldham are ripe for the picking and are beatable so why not create some confidence through the whole team and score lots of goals - for a change...

We should play Pig along side Mooney and damn well go for goals. What is the point of Pig being here if he ain't going play? I don't expect to see Hunt anytime soon so presume Pig will be signed until end of season - he's our leading goal scorer isn't he so start with him!
Oldham are ripe for the picking and are beatable so why not create some confidence through the whole team and score lots of goals - for a change...

We will never 'damn well go for goals', that's not Browns philosophy. It's 'clean sheet mentality' first, goals second. 1 or 2 a game at most but if that's all we need to win then so be it. Payne's been playing well the last couple of games so I expect him to stay in the side, along with the other 10 who started on Saturday.

Sooner rather than we think it seems;

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...il-brown-manager-oldham-athletic-2816680.aspx

Back