• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PB doesn't change a winning side very often, so I'd say we'll start as we did on Saturday, but :pig: might come on earlier, if things aren't going to plan.

when did we re-sign Stuart Brace, was I away on holiday at the time?

I remember we used to laugh at SB for being slow, at the time, but his goalscoring record was pretty good for a 30+ year old striker.

He also played county cricket briefly for Somerset CCC in his younger days.

0-0 very much on the cards here I think,hope we can grab one goal though,come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers.

If we do, we'll win 1-0 .Three points and a clean sheet. Cue moans and groans all week about boring Brown stuff.

I'd prefer us to be cautious tonight and invite them onto us a bit.

They sound a bit out of form at home and the fans will soon get restless, which will play into our hands.

A scrappy 1-0 win will do fine and give us some confidence before Saturday.

Just don't want another Chesterfield, where we get exposed on the break.

Given the current injury list and who we had on the bench Sat apart from potentially Pigott for Mooney not sure there are really any options. I don't think given we are playing two wingers we would go with two out and out front men and I think jack in the hole beefs the midfield up a bit. And after Sat Jack won't get dropped.

Mooney's work rate is excellent and I guess that is getting him ahead of Pigott (but I imagine its not an obvious call). Pigott has never liked being up front on his own- not sure if that extends to having someone like Jack playing just behind- I suspect not.

when did we re-sign Stuart Brace, was I away on holiday at the time?

In Brace's first three home games he scored 1 in the first, 2 in the second and 3 in the third.

He scored a total of 22 in that season (20 league, 2 FA Cup)

And he didn't play his first game for us until 19th October! :thumbsup:

In Brace's first three home games he scored 1 in the first, 2 in the second and 3 in the third.

He scored a total of 22 in that season (20 league, 2 FA Cup)

And he didn't play his first game for us until 19th October! :thumbsup:

He was the classic striker. Knew where the net was.

Used to link up well with Willie Coulson. One of my favourite players when I was an impressionable youngster.

Back