• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OLI THE LOW DOWN

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ July 26 2005,14:37)]Having been on their message board a few times, many of their fans are not of the same opinion of 1890-Army, there's a lot of bitterness about.

That said, what do Grays expect in all fairness? Yes it must be a wrench to lose a lot of their better players to a club down the road, but they have been a victim of their own success, they had an awesome season and bigger clubs are bound to be sniffing about.

One thing many of them don't mention is that they are being quite generously reimbursed for the players they are losing to us, and should Oli follow, I'm sure the same will occur.
Sadly for Grays it is the exact same thing that happens to Southend or any lower league club, that they act as a feed for clubs higher up the food chain.

It has always been the way, and sadly think it will always be so.

Spot on firestorm.

ps Anyone know if there is anything in the fact we aren't playing Canvey in a friendly this year?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 26 2005,14:52)]ps Anyone know if there is anything in the fact we aren't playing Canvey in a friendly this year?
because it always ends in a brawl???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ July 26 2005,15:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 26 2005,14:52)]ps Anyone know if there is anything in the fact we aren't playing Canvey in a friendly this year?
Between fans or players

If its fans I hope you give them a hiding

Bit of both really. bunch of mugs. Soon be under water...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (1890-ARMY @ July 26 2005,15:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ July 26 2005,15:05)]
[b said:
Between fans or players

If its fans I hope you give them a hiding
Does that mean the Grays v. Islanders match-up in the Conference might get a bit tasty...?!

Six South-Essex derbies in the Conference next season, what with the Daggers there as well... Essex football is absolutely roaring away with it at the moment.

Personally, I hope Grays win the Essex honours in the Conf...!!

biggrin.gif

Same here. Be nice for our "feeder" team to come out on top Vs the Islanders and Daggers.

Oli gave our defence problems in yesterdays 3 - 3 draw. He looked very good before being taken off injured. I think we should try to sign him ASAP.    
smile.gif

Oli gave our defence problems in yesterdays 3 - 3 draw. He looked very good before being taken off injured. I think we should try to sign him ASAP.    
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 26 2005,15:52)]Essex football is absolutely roaring away with it at the moment.
South Essex football, like you said before, is roaring. I can hear a slight purr from the pussy cats up north, but that's about it.

Its not often that I've seen Adam Barrett given the run around, but Oli caused him a fair few problems before limping off.

He's tall, pacy and awkward, but the Southend player of recent years he most resembled would be Mark Rawle
rock.gif

Oh and Stimson said afterwards in the bar, he wasn't going to Southend as we couldn't afford him.

Back