• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from being a royal pain in Le derriere, why has blue 79 got "banned" on his profile - and if he is banned how come he is still posting?
There are far more offensive posters and postings on SZ which get dealt with by the replies of other posters as have blue 79's . Don't know blue 79 from Adam so this is not a campaign on his/hers behalf but who decides who's opinions are valid and who's should be dismissed?
What next, ban Cricko for criticism of Neil Harris - bet you don't.
By the way please don't ban me.

Last edited:
Because he was becoming akin to thrush..............an irritating ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from being a royal pain in Le derriere, why has blue 79 got "banned" on his profile - and if he is banned how come he is still posting?
There are far more offensive posters and postings on SZ which get dealt with by the replies of other posters as have blue 79's . Don't know blue 79 from Adam so this is not a campaign on his/hers behalf but who decides who's opinions are valid and who's should be dismissed?
By the way please don't ban me.

When someone asks to be banned we feel it is the least we can do to oblige.

Usually it is me who decides who is banned but it can be any of the Owners or Mods.

Your comment re Cricko is not valid -- the forum exists for opinions, that's what the Zone is all about.

By the way please don't ban me.[/QUOTE

I don't know the lad/ladette blue 79 either. I know he can be a bit 'prickly' when challenged but then we all have our caustic moments. Hope he has not got banned or anyone else for that matter but the mods have a job to do and not always an easy or popular one. I expect they had their reasons if true and I am equally sure they act in the best interests of the site as they see it.

When someone asks to be banned we feel it is the least we can do to oblige.

Usually it is me who decides who is banned but it can be any of the Owners or Mods.

Your comment re Cricko is not valid -- the forum exists for opinions, that's what the Zone is all about.

Asks to be banned? oh dear what a drama queen - thanks for the reply.
No need to be so touchy over the Cricko comment, if the zone exists for opinions then my comment is valid.
Not picking on Cricko mind (don't know him) just using as a example.

Usually what gets seen on a forum from a 'high maintenance' member is about 10% of their activity. Having done this 'job' myself I know some are just keyboard warriors looking for trouble & sure enough they get dealt with eventually.

Can test the patience of a saint running a board at times, thats why I prefer not to dish it out when Im on other boards.

BTW moddy's, if you dont already know about it, the sent to coventry vbulletin mod is a scream..:winking:

Just dont test it on me please..:nope:

Oh yeah & the Miserable User one good too.. :)

Asks to be banned? oh dear what a drama queen - thanks for the reply.
No need to be so touchy over the Cricko comment, if the zone exists for opinions then my comment is valid.
Not picking on Cricko mind (don't know him) just using as a example

Not being touchy at all, just trying to explain that I firmly believe in freedom of speech ( within legal parameters ) and we provide a vehicle for all people's opinions , whether we agree with them or not is irrelevant, and all posters can agree or disagree with posts.

No-one will be banned for posting that Mark Prudoe should be re-signed for next season.

Not being touchy at all, just trying to explain that I firmly believe in freedom of speech ( within legal parameters ) and we provide a vehicle for all people's opinions , whether we agree with them or not is irrelevant, and all posters can agree or disagree with posts.

No-one will be banned for posting that Mark Prudoe should be re-signed for next season.

Well they should be banned for opinions like that

No-one will be banned for posting that Mark Prudoe should be re-signed for next season.[/QUOTE]

Do you know something then? Is this true? How much is the fee?

Well it was one thing putting up with the professional paranoia, and the quirky habit of using new posts instead of paragraph breaks. But if you declare that you're not a Southend supporter I think you might as well take no further part in a board designed for people who are. For me the threshold was passed when it descended to the level of "You're in League 2, Na na na na na", and this was being chanted with the sensitivity and frequency of a playground chant.

Well it was one thing putting up with the professional paranoia, and the quirky habit of using new posts instead of paragraph breaks. But if you declare that you're not a Southend supporter I think you might as well take no further part in a board designed for people who are. For me the threshold was passed when it descended to the level of "You're in League 2, Na na na na na", and this was being chanted with the sensitivity and frequency of a playground chant.

make it your right ...........

Personally I thought blue79 deserved to be banned when he started to goad our fans about another season in L2.....showed himself to be a bit of a tool if you ask me.

For the record chaps...Blue79 for one asked us to ban him or be dammed. This came about after several PM's had been exchanged over the past few months.Some were of highly sensitive nature regarding internal workings at the club and although they are of no importance now he then threatened to "doctor them" and show them to the club if we did not allow him to do as he liked on The Zone.We told him in no uncertain terms we would not be threatened by such actions.

When we decided as The Owners enough was enough with his constant drivel on here he was banned. He then tried to blackmail us into letting him return for his silence. What he actually meant by that is still beyond us but blackmail was the last resort and people like him are NOT welcome on here. I hope we have made ourselves clear on this subject.

Rgds, The Owners of ShrimperZone.com.

For the record chaps...Blue79 for one asked us to ban him or be dammed. This came about after several PM's had been exchanged over the past few months.Some were of highly sensitive nature regarding internal workings at the club and although they are of no importance now he then threatened to "doctor them" and show them to the club if we did not allow him to do as he liked on The Zone.We told him in no uncertain terms we would not be threatened by such actions.

When we decided as The Owners enough was enough with his constant drivel on here he was banned. He then tried to blackmail us into letting him return for his silence. What he actually meant by that is still beyond us but blackmail was the last resort and people like him are NOT welcome on here. I hope we have made ourselves clear on this subject.

Rgds, The Owners of ShrimperZone.com.

What a weirdo,I must be one of the few normal people left on the site.:omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back