• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One SUFC game/day you could erase from memory happily.

DTS

The Business
Following on from my single best day/moment thread I am now asking for the single worst game you have ever endured. A day so bad you would gladly wipe it from your memory forever.

Mine was Boston at home on a cold and wet Tuesday night. Probably about 2003/2004 time.

The lead up to the game had been a nightmare. Myself and the then Mrs DtS had broken up for the 54th time and I was feeling like ****. I had a cold from hell and hadnt slept due to the ending of my first love.

Only one thing could pull me through and this was my beloved Shrimpers. Lucky enough we had a home game vs Boston who are always good to put a few past.This surely had to be the cure to cheer me up.......How wrong could I be.

For anyone that can recall the game will tell you how awful we were. We couldt pass, I dont think we had a shot, not even a cross field ball in anger. Simply the worst game ever. Add to that Graeme Jones scored for them and I knew it was going to be a woeful day.

Got home to find out Mrs DtS at the time had cleared all her stuff out my flat and left me a dear john letter. Bad bad times.

Looking back glad she has gone (Silly bitch) but that game will always go down as my worst ever.

Exactly the same game for me Dave. Went on my own as well, so the two hour journey home was a right hoot,

Four-nil at home to Watford. There were loads of them in the West Stand as they were riding high at the time, and I completely lost my rag when the fourth goal went in. It lacked the menace I was hoping for as I actually fell over as I jumped from my seat to turn and dish out some fightin' words. Humiliation in every sense of the word.

MK Dons away in our championship-winning season. We were 1st - they were 24th. We had a one-goal lead - we lost 2-1. Crap, open-sided hockey stadium, no roof and freezing winds throughout the match. Oh, and it was in Milton Keynes.

The Boston game or 0-3 reverse to the scum in The CCC at RH, with their fans singing "Whats that coming over the hill, its relegation, its relegation"

Home to Col Ewe on Boxing Day 1989. We were woeful.

That one brings back bad memories. That was an awful game! And just looking at the SUFC DB we apparently lost 2-0! I always thought it was 0-0. I remember turning to my Dad at some point during the game and saying that this was the worst game I had ever seen! There have been some bad games since but this is always the first one I think of. I think I was close to tears during the game as it was sooo bad.

We got revenge in the return fixture that year with Benjamin and Peter Daley scoring the goals.

For anyone who watches or reads Harry Potter, wouldn't you just like to pull this out of your head, put it in a jar and forget about it! :)

Where do I start!

0-3 home to Halifax would come close

But the joint winners have to be the 0-1 home cup defeats to then bottom of the conference Donny, and the similar experience against Kingstonian. Truly miserable times.

Mine is the LDV Vans final against Wrexham. The weekend started with such promise, we rolled into Cardiff on the Saturday and enjoyed a few social beverages in the city centre before finding our hotel. We got chatting to a couple of lovely girls from Swansea and arranged to meet them that night.
Back at the hotel we decided to take the receptionists advice and try a little resturant down the road, it was all very nice and the staff were all very friendly. We enjoyed some garlic prawns, and some delicous fillet steak. We then popped back to the hotel showered and made ourselves beautiful ready to go meet the Swansea girls.
We get to the bar and they are already there, its a good sign they seem keen! We have a real laugh with them and some friendly, flirty banter about how the english are so much better than the welsh and vice versa. Anyway we are in our 6th or 7th bar and the Swansea girls go off on one of their toilet breaks, you know the way girls do. My mate asks about johnnys, as things are going very well, neither of us have any, so we agree we will take the mickey out of their "toilet breaks" and go for one ourselves and get some. So they get back and we go. My mate starts complaining of dodgy guts and moves into the cubical, this smell drifts out that could strip paint and I feel my guts going, I run to the sink and throw up all that expensive food from earlier. My friend then starts throwing up, its the bloody prawns!! The toilet attendant informs the bouncers and we are promptly chucked out with the Swansea girls looking on. They come straight out only for me to proceed with another fit of vomiting, promptly followed by my mate. They call it a night, we call it a night and spend the wee small hours leaning over our hotel bathtub rather than in the company of the lovely Swansea girls.
By about 11am the cycle of vomiting every 30mins seemed to have stopped but we were both feeling like death! My friend who is a west ham fan decided to get an extention on the hotel room and spend the day recovering, so I went up to the millenium stadium on my own not in the best of spirits despite my team playing in a major final.
I think we all know the tale of the match and how we very much deserved the win. I was feeling awful and the one thing I didn't want was extra time and that is what we got along with the heartache of losing a game we should have won. I met my friend after the game who had watched it on TV from the comfort of his room, he had brought my bag so we could get back home quickly. I think everyone had the same idea as there was a massive queue just to get in the station! 45mins later we manged to board the most packed train in the world and we didn't get a seat until the last leg of the journey from liverpool st to chelmsford. A nightmare away day!

Back