• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One to start the weekend (week 12)

Davros

The Whippet
Gone for a real change of pace this week, that may or may not surprise you...

This weeks tune samples none other than Edward Elgar's 'Enigma Variations', and was relased in 1995, and made its way onto many many Chill Out Compilations, before finally making it onto the artists album, which due to the bankrupcy of Cheeky Records (Faithless - Insomnia), a year later, was not released until 2002!

The album, was called Furious Angels, this legendary track is..

Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMq4akUZr8c

This weeks trivia...

Pawn Shop (rather unsuccesfully chart wise... but i loved it) used a sample of a Rolling Stones song in there 2006 release 'Shot Away'... name the song this sample was taken from.. http://www.aatw.com/video.php?page=2&id=86591089

same time next week (hopefully)

Davros:finger:

A great track that's dated surprisingly well - I prefer Peshay's remix but I'm not complaining. God, this makes me long for the halcyon days of Mo Wax - James Lavelle, where did it all go so wrong?

Wonder where you got this idea from, Dave?

im afraid your going to have to help me old fella... the fact that it was the last tune i listened to on my mp3 before i started work today helped push it to the front of my mind somewhat

A great track that's dated surprisingly well - I prefer Peshay's remix but I'm not complaining. God, this makes me long for the halcyon days of Mo Wax - James Lavelle, where did it all go so wrong?

lavelle got so preoccupied with UNKLE and apparently still hasn't realised that they are ****. Psyence Fiction was quality but Never Never Land was ****.. both him and Shadow have gone right off the rails which is a massive shame

This track was debated at some length on the "music that makes the hairs on your neck stand up" thread. I had also assumed that you got the idea from there....

ah, fair enough, i never actually read through that thread, just posted my song and that was it... feel a bit stoopid now! :thump:

lavelle got so preoccupied with UNKLE and apparently still hasn't realised that they are ****. Psyence Fiction was quality but Never Never Land was ****.. both him and Shadow have gone right off the rails which is a massive shame
I've come round to Never Never Land, although it's certainly not as good as Psyence Fiction (which in turn pales next to the earlier single releases).
I've just checked a Mo Wax discography to remind myself of how good they were - the quality is relentless all the way up to the Headz 2 comps (MW062).

having just read through said thread , Napster saying he likes a song (pg 6), and then you replying to it.... and then nothing else hardly constitutes 'At Length'...

having just read through said thread , Napster saying he likes a song (pg 6), and then you replying to it.... and then nothing else hardly constitutes 'At Length'...

True matey, duly edited. I checked Wikipedia yesterday to find out if I had correctly remembered when I bought it which got me thinking that we'd discussed it all when we hadn't....I blame too many drugs in the 90's.

meh, its all in the past, to be fair, as the music man, i should really read threads like that!

anyway, yes... rave on!

150mmglowsticks.jpg

Back