• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Operation Tango - Very Funny

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
I have no allegiance to either Rangers or Celtic (being an athiest Englishman, why would I?) but I did find this quite funny -

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/05/operation-tango-best-football-fans.html

You Tube video if you follow the above link.

Something called "Operation Tango" was discussed secretly on a Glasgow Rangers forum last week, in order to mock their rivals Glasgow Celtic in the final day of the Scottish championship.

The Scottish Premier League title was decided on the last day of the championship last Sunday. Glasgow's green and whites needed to beat Hearts at home and hope that Rangers would not win at Dundee United.

Sadly for
Celtic, that didn’t happen - even if for several minutes Bhoys fans believed the turnaround.

Midway through the first half at Celtic Park, a massive roar bellowed out from the
Celtic fans as news spread like wildfire around Parkhead that Dundee had equalised against Rangers. "Dundee have equalised, Dundee have equalised!", was the message passed around, initiated by thousands of SMS messages which arrived simultaneously at Bhoys fans' mobiles.

The roar led to confusion for the television's narrator. Why the fans screaming, if there is no goal for Dundee?

Dundee had not equalised. In fact,
Rangers won 3-0 at Tannadice, which made them champions of Scotland.

And apparently the roar around Celtic Park was the result of a big prank by Rangers fans under the codename "Operation Tango".

The prank was organized on the
Rangers forum FollowFollow, where someone came up with the idea for all Rangers fans to text their Celtic supporting friends at the same time, and tell them that Dundee had scored, putting them in the driving seat in the title race.

I have to admit being an English protestant I do enjoy seeing sad Celtic Fans!!
Follow Follow!

Last edited:
yeah cheers for the reminder of that grim day at Grimsby away. Did anyone on here admit to knowing the person who started the wrong scoreline rumours?

Back