• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Without the vitally important Cresswell, Phillips and Timlin (plus probably our skipper too) I'd say that statement is one of the most optimistic I've ever seen on the Zone.... :unsure:

I agree that my comment was a tad optimistic, but the point i was making was that you we have three players who are with clubs in a higher division. Prosser is an adequate replacement for Phillips and on current form Straker is also doing well. many have said that Barker is slow and needs some time to recoup, Straker has come in and done well. Our midfield looks strong with plenty of pace. Upfront, Fred has now had 60 minutes game time and look stronger as the game went on, Corr looks fit and able to complete 90 mins and Harris looked sharp for the small amount of time he was on the pitch. I feel a whole lot more confident than this time last week. As i keep saying, we have the advantage, the pressure is on them more than us.:thumbsup:

Anyone know what CCTV and police/steward presence will be like on Wednesday?

Getting a bit concerned for our seats in the North Bank.

Category C Game, with high police presence around the ground and a good presence inside the ground!

Stewarding will be as it is always, however there may be a slighly higher volume of stewards/security to facilitate the expected crowd. (which I believe to be in the reigon of 7500/8500)

Orient are 7/1 on 188bet to win the JPT which is superb value. Get on it.

HAHA! As a betting man - I agree. In fact, I'd just take the win on the night. But as a Southend fan I can't do that. Funny old thing the cup!

Category C Game, with high police presence around the ground and a good presence inside the ground!

Stewarding will be as it is always, however there may be a slighly higher volume of stewards/security to facilitate the expected crowd. (which I believe to be in the reigon of 7500/8500)

Thanks Spooner:Worthy:

I think that straker will be able to handle orients pace so we won't have to worry too much about there pace down the wing. Which was the problem with barker in the first leg

I agree that my comment was a tad optimistic, but the point i was making was that you we have three players who are with clubs in a higher division. Prosser is an adequate replacement for Phillips and on current form Straker is also doing well. many have said that Barker is slow and needs some time to recoup, Straker has come in and done well. Our midfield looks strong with plenty of pace. Upfront, Fred has now had 60 minutes game time and look stronger as the game went on, Corr looks fit and able to complete 90 mins and Harris looked sharp for the small amount of time he was on the pitch. I feel a whole lot more confident than this time last week. As i keep saying, we have the advantage, the pressure is on them more than us.:thumbsup:

HAving Prosser and Corr is a fraction of the defensive quality of Cresswell and Phillips.

Just having players from a team above doesnt count for anything. I without doubt would prefer to field the same team as last time and we are going into this game weaker.

We have also lost two home games in a row.

We arent out of it by any stretch, butIm not going into it with any confidence. Should make for a great night though.

I Just wished Cresswell and Mohsni had avoided red cards, imagen them two at the back together!

Our midfield has pace?? Don't think so!

HAving Prosser and Corr is a fraction of the defensive quality of Cresswell and Phillips.

Just having players from a team above doesnt count for anything. I without doubt would prefer to field the same team as last time and we are going into this game weaker.

We have also lost two home games in a row.

We arent out of it by any stretch, butIm not going into it with any confidence. Should make for a great night though.
Blimey talk about need to pull your chin up. We are 1 up in a two legged game against a team who we have already beaten away. yes we have weaknesess but its a cup game, anything can happen. If we are good enough, if we get the luck then we will be at Wembley. If we lose the tie then we can look back and say that injuries and suspensions have cost us. We have to believe we have the chance, otherwise you might as well not turn up. We must be POSITIVE.

if we appeal against the moshni red card would that delay the beginning of his (currently) 3 match suspension, thus allowing him to start against borient on wednesday?

If so it's got to be worth the risk of losing the appeal and having his suspension increased to 4 matches.

Cresswell etal will be back soon.

if we appeal against the moshni red card would that delay the beginning of his (currently) 3 match suspension, thus allowing him to start against borient on wednesday?

If so it's got to be worth the risk of losing the appeal and having his suspension increased to 4 matches.

Cresswell etal will be back soon.
sturrock has said he isn't going to appeal

Love it!!!!

There are already talking about Wembley ticket prices for final

There know about our injury crisis and think BBC would be a crap CB

Moshni in on about 4 threads but they dont rate him?

Some on there think it will be a cricket score

They think they are taking north and west stand

I hate Orient with a passion - Bring on Wednesday night

Who's there?

I would be confident if I was them, I think they're still favourites despite us being 1-0 up. I know it's a cliche but the first goal will be absolutely vital in this game, if we can get an early goal that would be perfect. Just to clarify, away goals don't count in the JPT do they? It'll be nice to see the North Bank full with a big away following, can't remember the last game I went to where it was like that. Should be a cracking atmosphere, can't wait!

Sounds rediculous I know but I think we would stand more chance if we were going into it 0.0. A goal up our natural instinct will be to defend and you cant do that for 90 mins against a side a div above you. So as soon as their first goal goes in, the momentum will be with them and we will find it difficult to adjust to a more positive game plan.

Sounds rediculous I know but I think we would stand more chance if we were going into it 0.0. A goal up our natural instinct will be to defend and you cant do that for 90 mins against a side a div above you. So as soon as their first goal goes in, the momentum will be with them and we will find it difficult to adjust to a more positive game plan.

Remember the Colchester 2nd leg final in 2004?. We started the game a goal up, yet within 3 mins they had pegged it back!!. What happened a min or so before half time?. Donkey Broughton scored a brave header at the back post and the rest is history.
I remember being at the first leg, we were 1 from bottom of the League 2, and they were doing 'ok' in league 1. When we went 1 down after a few minutes, i thought we'd cop a hammering. Would'nt have bet 10p that we'd end up winning 3-2!.
Reckon Weds will be a nailbiter, but we will end up scraping through. The tension will probably take another couple of years of my life!

The post about our attitude if we lose fits nicely with my mindset. I am away at the moment and can't get to Roots Hall. After 51 years if watching the Blues... I can bear the disappointment. It's the hope I can't stand! Come on you boys. See you all at Wembley.

Just had another look at their forum. The general consensus is "we've got everything in our favour, therefore we're gonna f**k it up". Should be an interesting one, as they have said, having a squad full of fringe players may work in our favour. If we have 11 players busting their balls to force their way into the managers plans, it just might go our way. Either way, I'll be watching through my hands the whole game whilst I bite my nails down to non existence.

Back