• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I believe you'll score early and that'll be pretty much it. As our team are going to be half-hearted. Oh well, going to enjoy the beer time and the general atmopshere et all. I'd love to be proved wrong but can't see it.

Is your team really in a crisis?

I believe you'll score early and that'll be pretty much it. As our team are going to be half-hearted. Oh well, going to enjoy the beer time and the general atmopshere et all. I'd love to be proved wrong but can't see it.

Is your team really in a crisis?

down to the bare bones mate - in fact scrap that last comment. we are now beyond bare bones and are currently Pis*ing in the wind.

but can you fill a proper first 11? im hearing you'll have a striker playing at centre back!

I cannot believe that anyone thinks the Mighty Shrimpers are going to lose by more than a goal at home to the Leyton scumsuckers. **** the injury crisis, we could send out the shirts on Wednesday and still get a result.

We are 1-0 thetie should be as good as over but I dont think any Southend fan willgoto the game confident I am still hoping that we will have some players stand up and do a 'Drewe' maybe even Eastwood will score!!!

Freddy did nothing when he first came on as a sub but as the game went on I thought he really started looking dangerous. He had a freekick in Man U range which skimmed the top of the net and it was like a switch went in his head and he got some of his class back. Would love to see a 4-4-1-1 against Orient with Reeves just behind Eastwood, think Freddy will be up for this after so long out and will be trying to prove his many critics wrong!!

Blimey talk about need to pull your chin up. We are 1 up in a two legged game against a team who we have already beaten away. yes we have weaknesess but its a cup game, anything can happen. If we are good enough, if we get the luck then we will be at Wembley. If we lose the tie then we can look back and say that injuries and suspensions have cost us. We have to believe we have the chance, otherwise you might as well not turn up. We must be POSITIVE.

If we could put out our first eleven Id be more positive.

We are 1-0 up against a team who had plenty of chances to score when we put out a weakened team. Our team is even weaker now. to go through we need to stop them scoring, Phillips and Cresswell is twice the partnership of Prosser and Corr.

Being positive is one thing, when it flies against realism its another.

I do think we can go through, but with things as they are Im not confident.

Bizarre thread. It's like some of you have never been to a big game before. In cup games like this, form books go right out the window and predictability is an impossibility. We've got a 1-0 advantage and a home leg to play. It might well be backs to the wall as we attempt to keep the advantage but, at the same time, while they're pushing forward we've got every chance to hit them on the break. Impossible to call and our depleted squad just makes it all more interesting. Remember, it was only March this year when a 9 man Southend held on for a draw at Crawley. Adversity often creates heroes.

Thats true SBH, players will no doubt give that extra bit more and anything can happen in a cup. If I were a neutral betting man Id back the team with 11 fit players though.

PS Can you let me know what the lottery numbers are, plus explain why we are playing Crawley in March ?:smile:

Thats true SBH, players will no doubt give that extra bit more and anything can happen in a cup. If I were a neutral betting man Id back the team with 11 fit players though.

PS Can you let me know what the lottery numbers are, plus explain why we are playing Crawley in March ?:smile:

We've got 11 fit players. It's just the fact that if everyone else was fit then not many of these 11 fit players would be playing.

Only if you can get that dodgy apostrophe key working on your keyboard.

I'm fairly confident the O's will create chances, but we can't stick them away, that's why quite a few O's fans feel like we'll muck up this opportunity. Hartlepool classic example.

Your injury crisis certainly gives us a good shout on paper, but what football match has ever been won before a balls been kicked.

We've sold just over 2100 seats apparently, so should be a decent atmosphere. Here's hoping for a cracking cup tie, with an O's win of course :smile:

I'm fairly confident the O's will create chances, but we can't stick them away, that's why quite a few O's fans feel like we'll muck up this opportunity. Hartlepool classic example.

Your injury crisis certainly gives us a good shout on paper, but what football match has ever been won before a balls been kicked.

We've sold just over 2100 seats apparently, so should be a decent atmosphere. Here's hoping for a cracking cup tie, with an O's win of course :smile:

Leave the French Geezer out of this one please

We've got 11 fit players. It's just the fact that if everyone else was fit then not many of these 11 fit players would be playing.

I'*d prefer 11 fit players in their natural positions though !

*For SBH''''s benefit

We're just going to have to put up with the injury crisis, nothing can be done about it so lets just concerntrate on who we can get out there rather than making excuses.

We need to keep it tight at the back and if Corr does like he did on saturday then hopefully we might just be alright.

Orient are a good side but we do have to remember that we've still gone close to getting a result against top 6 teams in our last 2 games with barely any players. We still have a chance in this game so its vital that we get behind the lads even if they make a mistake, our support could just about push over over the edge.

Who's there?

I would be confident if I was them, I think they're still favourites despite us being 1-0 up. I know it's a cliche but the first goal will be absolutely vital in this game, if we can get an early goal that would be perfect. Just to clarify, away goals don't count in the JPT do they? It'll be nice to see the North Bank full with a big away following, can't remember the last game I went to where it was like that. Should be a cracking atmosphere, can't wait!

I hope they do otherwise it's still 0-0!

Back