• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm fairly confident the O's will create chances, but we can't stick them away, that's why quite a few O's fans feel like we'll muck up this opportunity. Hartlepool classic example.

Your injury crisis certainly gives us a good shout on paper, but what football match has ever been won before a balls been kicked.

We've sold just over 2100 seats apparently, so should be a decent atmosphere. Here's hoping for a cracking cup tie, with an O's win of course :smile:

Just because we broke a few of yours doesn't give you the right to sell ours.

The way i see it we are only weaker in one area, defence. However, Smith, Clohessy, Prosser and Straker have all done well recently, with Smith and Clohessy first choice anyway. In midfield, Hurst, Lund, Leonard and Mayor looks strong and upfront ate least we have a choice. So, its really only the centre of defence that poses a problem for me. I still have a sneaky feeling Philips will play and even Barker. When i spoke with Barker at the weekend he defo didnt rule this out.

The way i see it we are only weaker in one area, defence. However, Smith, Clohessy, Prosser and Straker have all done well recently, with Smith and Clohessy first choice anyway. In midfield, Hurst, Lund, Leonard and Mayor looks strong and upfront ate least we have a choice. So, its really only the centre of defence that poses a problem for me. I still have a sneaky feeling Philips will play and even Barker. When i spoke with Barker at the weekend he defo didnt rule this out.

Maybe some of that is mind games. We do know that Philips has had a painkilling injection in his toe, so should really be able to play. If that then means we have a back four of Clohessy, Prosser, Philips and Straker I would say that isn't too bad, especially as Straker has has been pretty good in last couple of games.

Personally I want to see the ball in the stands for as much of the game as possible. The more time wasted the better!

Maybe some of that is mind games. We do know that Philips has had a painkilling injection in his toe, so should really be able to play. If that then means we have a back four of Clohessy, Prosser, Philips and Straker I would say that isn't too bad, especially as Straker has has been pretty good in last couple of games.

Personally I want to see the ball in the stands for as much of the game as possible. The more time wasted the better!
Hasn't it been said Phillips has a broken toe? Not sure which one it is, but can't see him featuring if, for instance, it's the big toe. Chrissy Barker looked fairly mobile around the dugout on Saturday and it was encouraging to see Gavin Tomlin walking without crutches and a lot more easily than a couple of weeks ago, think Barks is more likely than Phillips, personally.

He'll be ok against Orient as they're a footballing side, not a team of hoofers who will be pumping long balls into the box all game.

That's when he seems to have poor games, ie Cheltenham and Northampton.

Unless of course their manager looks at forums like this and gets info from people like you!

This talk of our confidence being low after 2 home defeats, Orients away form shouldn't give them too much confidence after Saturdays result, not too many teams can boast of losing to Hartlepool this season!! :winking:

Hasn't it been said Phillips has a broken toe? Not sure which one it is, but can't see him featuring if, for instance, it's the big toe. Chrissy Barker looked fairly mobile around the dugout on Saturday and it was encouraging to see Gavin Tomlin walking without crutches and a lot more easily than a couple of weeks ago, think Barks is more likely than Phillips, personally.

Philips doesn't have a broken toe. He nearly passed a fitness test for the Accrington game, but decided not to risk it. Heaven knows why he's still out. He should be able to come back tomorrow. Whether or not he does is a different matter.

CP tweeted yesterday - no chance of Barks being fit and only a slight chance of Phillips being fit.

I know we have a lot of injuries out and suspensions but its the cup anything can happen! I mean Luton beat Norwich, Macclesfield beat Cardiff, the standard of the Norwich team compared to Luton is miles apart!! Anything is possible! Lets get behind the lads for the 90 mins!! and if we win perhaps a little pitch invasion:happy:

I'm fairly confident the O's will create chances, but we can't stick them away, that's why quite a few O's fans feel like we'll muck up this opportunity. Hartlepool classic example.

Your injury crisis certainly gives us a good shout on paper, but what football match has ever been won before a balls been kicked.

We've sold just over 2100 seats apparently, so should be a decent atmosphere. Here's hoping for a cracking cup tie, with an O's win of course :smile:

Bloody hell have you hired rent a crowd ? there wasn't that many of you at the home tie !! :winking:

Interesting that mark Phillips is tweeting tonight about what a massive game it is and we need roots hall rocking, words of a man who might be playing!!!

mark Phillips is tweeting tonight about what a massive game it is and we need roots hall rocking, !

Well lets hope a few more fans are able to come and cheer. Got my ticket for the East Stand at lunch time, and the Blue block is still virtually empty, with more than a handful still available in the Yellow block.

Well lets hope a few more fans are able to come and cheer. Got my ticket for the East Stand at lunch time, and the Blue block is still virtually empty, with more than a handful still available in the Yellow block.
Are they selling Blue block? That's normally reserved for players' comps and club personnel isn't it, so last to go on sale.

What about playing a back 3/5 of:

Prosser-Corr-Clohessy

With Straker and Reeves as full-backs. Reeves has played there before I believe.

Then have Mayor - Lund - Hurst in the middle and Eastwood and Britt upfront.

What about playing a back 3/5 of:

Prosser-Corr-Clohessy

With Straker and Reeves as full-backs. Reeves has played there before I believe.

Then have Mayor - Lund - Hurst in the middle and Eastwood and Britt upfront.
No thanks, as far as I'm concerned, Reeves must play in a more attacking role of some kind. Whether that is as a forward or attacking CM doesn't matter, both would suit him.

Are they selling Blue block? That's normally reserved for players' comps and club personnel isn't it, so last to go on sale.

Yes they are, i got my seat in the front row so expect to be on TV a few times. Must remember to clean my teeth, and comb my hair (whats left of it) before leaving home!

Back