• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream and not make dreams your master;
If you can think and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

For all you doubters,we will beat orient,and we will go up!
Keep the faith!!!!!

Actually Mr.kipling, Just fed up with all the negativity around after sunday,people should think, bad teams dont get to finals!! I for or one thought that a couple of our players on sunday looked mediocre but I clapped gower off when he was subbed because he wears the shirt, and I stayed to the end to applaud the boys because I support S.U.FC.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ April 12 2005,11:15)]If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same
Think this one's been proving tricky lately!

Let's see how Rudyard Tilson's teamtalk gets on...

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
watch out Yeovil,
we are gunning for you!

I thought Kipling was a cake man. Peter and Jane books can be credited for the poetic prowess I display.

Yes, he makes exceedingly good cakes as well,and can write a poem or two!!!

Here are a couple more for halftime

The most important thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone else - it has to be yours. That is all that will justify the hard work needed to achieve success. Compete against yourself, not others, for that is who is truly your best competition.
Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than others expect of you. Never excuse yourself, and be lenient to everybody else.
Leaders are like eagles.(Adam Barrett) They don't flock, you find them one at a time
Snowflakes are one of natures most fragile creations, but just look what they can do when they stick together.

Cant see tilly using any of these,hopefully we will be 3..0 up anyway.  

laugh.gif

du du du du Daryl Flahavan du du du du Super Cheese Wilson du du du du Duncan Jupp du du du du Spencor prior du du du du Adam Barrett du du du du Markey Gower du du du du Carl Pettefer du du du du Kevin Maher du du du du Mark Bentley du du du du Wayne Gray du du du du Freddy Eastwood du du du du Lawrie Dudfield du du du du Nicky Nicolau du du Jay Smith du du du du Lewis Hunt du du du du Andy Edwards du du du du Bart Griemnik du du du du Jim Corbett du du du du Michael Kightly du du du du James Lawson du du du du Nick Morgan du du du du Darren Blewitt du du du du Alan McCormack du du du du Luke Guttridge du du du du Tilly and Brush du du du du Ron Martin du du du du Southend supporters du du du du Pukka pie man !!!!!!!!!! SUPPORT THE BLUES !!! all of them !!!! Up the SHRIMPERS!!
unclesam.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
SING IT YOU NO YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few for Tilly :

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."

"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it's when you've had everything to do and you've done it!"

But my favourite to relay to the team just before they run out for the first half :

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."

WS

Well,I dont think he used any of these,we had a shocking first half.... got to be the worst first half for some time!
sad.gif
the lino had a mare!

Back