• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Orient JPT

Score 1-1, game goes into penalties.
Scorer - Barnard
Attendance - between 4,500 and 5,250 I reckon.

I for one hope that Tuesday's performance is a improvement from Saturday's one, Tilly better sort it out in time.

Last edited:
Southend Vs Leyton Orient JPT

Did have a quick look and couldn't see one

Southend welcome Leyton Orient to Roots Hall, for this a local (well I say local they are the 2nd closet league team to us) derby. Southend have a near full squad to choose from, with notable absence of Alan McCormack who is still recovering from injury and Franck Moussa who is suspended. Southend may choose to start new loanee Jean-Francois Christophe, signed from Portsmouth on deadline day.

Possible line up:-

....................................Joyc e.................................

Francis...................Barrett....... .........Clarke.....Harding

Robson Kanu...........Christophe.........Grant. ..........Betsy

..................Barnard............... .....Revell....................

Did have a quick look and couldn't see one

Southend welcome Leyton Orient to Roots Hall, for this a local (well I say local they are the 2nd closet league team to us) derby. Southend have a near full squad to choose from, with notable absence of Alan McCormack who is still recovering from injury and Franck Moussa who is suspended. Southend may choose to start new loanee Jean-Francois Christophe, signed from Portsmouth on deadline day.

Would like to see Laurent start up front

tough time to have a mid week fixture ..... Grant and Sawyer will hardly have any legs left after Saturday and with Carlisle to come -

Only thing to do is mullah the O's 4 - 0 and go up north in good shape

Mildenhall

Francis
Harding
Clarke
Barrett

Scannell
Betsy
Christophe
Sawyer

Walker
Freedman/Revell

I like it we concede 5 goals so lets drop the goalie!!! what about the shambolic defense?
I would drop Either barrett or clarke dont care which one and give sankofa a go. Francis' was just a complete freak happening on saturday but barrett and clarke have both been pretty poor for the last year. In fact i would probably drop barrett as i think clarke is the better player.
Also give grant a rest and play christophe and sawyer (cant believe you dont even have him in the team after he was the best player on saturday).
Drop betsy who does nothing defensivly and very little attacking wise, bring in scannell.
Drop revell who again was non existant on saturday, and it seems we have signed harrolds non ginger twin in terms or arial ability and speed. Bring in walker or furlong or in fact give laurent a go because he wont ever play for us otherwise.

Ok you can say it is a knee jerk reaction to saturday in dropping so many players but to be fair if you leave them in the team they are going to think they did nothing wrong. Drop them for a game, give them a scare and see how the play the game after that. Let them know they are not invinsible, otherwise the same performance will be handed out by the players week in week out!!!

I like it we concede 5 goals so lets drop the goalie!!! what about the shambolic defense?
I would drop Either barrett or clarke dont care which one and give sankofa a go. Francis' was just a complete freak happening on saturday but barrett and clarke have both been pretty poor for the last year. In fact i would probably drop barrett as i think clarke is the better player.
Also give grant a rest and play christophe and sawyer (cant believe you dont even have him in the team after he was the best player on saturday).
Drop betsy who does nothing defensivly and very little attacking wise, bring in scannell.
Drop revell who again was non existant on saturday, and it seems we have signed harrolds non ginger twin in terms or arial ability and speed. Bring in walker or furlong or in fact give laurent a go because he wont ever play for us otherwise.

Ok you can say it is a knee jerk reaction to saturday in dropping so many players but to be fair if you leave them in the team they are going to think they did nothing wrong. Drop them for a game, give them a scare and see how the play the game after that. Let them know they are not invinsible, otherwise the same performance will be handed out by the players week in week out!!!

Drpo them ? I'd make them play again and try to get it right tonight. The more they practise together the better.

Ok, prepared to post a team now
Mildenhall
Francis, Barrett, Clarke, Harding
Betsey, Christophe, Grant, HRK
Barney (although it wouldn't surprise me to see Walker) and Revell

Bench - Joyce, Sankofa, Scannell, Barney or Walker and Laurent

I would expect a maximum of 2/3 changes tonight (one of them being Sawyer who's injured) the other being Walker in for Revell or possibly Scannell for Betsy. Brushy has made it clear on the OS that player's are fighting to keep their place in the starting 11 for Sat, and as bad as Walsall was last weekend we did have 5 summer signings (excluding Grant) playing and the team will need time to gel.

I would expect a maximum of 2/3 changes tonight (one of them being Sawyer who's injured) the other being Walker in for Revell or possibly Scannell for Betsy. Brushy has made it clear on the OS that player's are fighting to keep their place in the starting 11 for Sat, and as bad as Walsall was last weekend we did have 5 summer signings (excluding Grant) playing and the team will need time to gel.

Which is why I went for what I did, Barney must be getting very vexed at the service (or lack of) and I just thought it better to try and keep a balanced midfield with two forwards full of committed running - that's not to criticise Barney, but he just isn't as physically strong, and a night wrapped in cotton wool might do him good!

Just seen on SSN that Wayne Gray is out for 6 months with cruciate knee ligament damage.

Well at least he wont score against us tonight, but whenever we play Borient it's usually our current player's who score for them, rather than our ex-players.

i'm going.

sufc 2 orient 1

francis and barnard to get our goals

attendance 4,500

Back