• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Orient JPT

Quick question, is there any extra time in these games? I seem to recall a game last year going straight to pens after 90 mins?

OS must have their stats wrong, according to wikipedia it is just 90 mins then pens in the 1st round.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Trophy_2007-08

Yep went straight to penalties after 90mins. Football League brought the rule in to end matches earlier in an attempt to get more kids going to JPT games. It's the same rule this season.

Just checked out the other JPT matches tonight & I think we will have the 2nd highest crowd tonight (Leeds v Bradford will be higher).

Last edited:
See? What can I say?! At least I said I only thought there was extra time first!

take it we wont be seeing the legend dougie freedman partnering furlong oldest partnership in the league lol

i'd like to see the new french boy from pompey instead of grant.

and id like to see the new french boy up front at some stage!

id also like to see thornton break his ankle! after he's attempted to dive and get sawyer sent off

Ok, prepared to post a team now
Mildenhall
Francis, Barrett, Clarke, Harding
Betsey, Christophe, Grant, HRK
Barney (although it wouldn't surprise me to see Walker) and Revell

Bench - Joyce, Sankofa, Scannell, Barney or Walker and Laurent

the same team i would put out.

Glug glug glug

Doesn't stop you playing though at our level does it? We've had players that have reportedly partaken rather frequently.

Mind, looked at the stats and he's made 1 full start and 2 sub appearances, that's all so you could be right. See Deano's got a foot injury and might not be playing either!

Last edited:
Doesn't stop you playing though at our level does it? We've had players that have reportedly partaken rather frequently.

Mind, looked at the stats and he's made 1 full start and 2 sub appearances, that's all so you could be right. See Deano's got a foot injury and might not be playing either!

Morgan certainly won't make it - our squad is down to the bare bones already. Watch out for Loick Pires on the left instead, though. He's possibly the worst professional footballer I've ever seen, so enjoy him for the comedy value.

Thorton has been told to shape up or ship out. Ludicrously talented at this level, but peeing it all down the drain. Oh well...

Doesnt matter what team we put out, we could have Torres and Drogba up front, we never beat the bloody Orient!

Back