• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is our physio not good enough? (by perception i wouldn't be inspired seeing as its his profession, lets be honest)

Westy, as ever you talk utter tripe and I find your comments on his perception somewhat rude. You would not believe the work that Ben Clarkson does for this club, I read numerous times that he worked all through last summer with the injured and recovering players when the 'super star' players had holidays. I think the lad literally had one weeks annual leave out of the 52.

You only have to look at the comments and feedback that the players, manager and club put on Ben Clarkson to realise that our Southend supporting Physio is an absolute asset to our club.

Be very careful what you wish for WESTY, because it wouldn't surpise we if Ben Clarkson will one day be head hunted like our old strength and condition coach Laurence Bloom - he is doing very at Charlton.

It was a question not a statement but as youve now stated my comment was rediculous I will go into it more....

I personally would expect that anyone who gave advice on how to treat our bodies should keep themselves in good shape.

So if life was lived like this - no one would give the likes of Stephen Hawkins the time of day on his opinions, maybe no one would hire a Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho as a coach as they were 'naff' players......utter cr@p, rude, insulting and scandulous post.

So last night we know for sure that Laird was injured and there's now a possibility that Lavery and Clohessy could be too.

:nope:

Can we cancel games if we don't have enough players?

So last night we know for sure that Laird was injured and there's now a possibility that Lavery and Clohessy could be too.

:nope:

Can we cancel games if we don't have enough players?

Not too sure how it would work, I think 'Emergency loans', Youth player scome into the reckoning.

The thing is mate, although we have lots of injuries and seemingly in cetral defence and midfield, in theory we still have plenty of players in addition to the 14 involved last night.

I would guess that Benyon would have a recall clause, then we have Eastwood, Nije, Paxman, Spicer, Harris, Bentley, Coughlan

Chris Phillips‏@CJPhillips1982 Phillips & Eastwood are the only injured players to have any chance of being fit for Saturday @SUFCRootsHall

Chris Phillips
‏
@CJPhillips1982
Luke Prosser also revealed in his interview last night that Caolan Lavery injured his hamstring after coming on against Cheltenham.

Chris Phillips‏@CJPhillips1982 Caolan Lavery will have a scan on his injured hamstring on Friday @sufcrootshall

Thats Lavery probably unavailable as well then. With Phillips and Fred prob being rushed back too early.

Njie is out on loan isn't he?

Looking at it we have the following available:

Smith
Clohessy
Straker
Spillane
Harris
Corr
Mayor
Lavery
Hurst
Prosser
Bentley
Leonard
Spicer
Assombalonga
Reeves
Woodyard

The ones in bold may have picked up injuries yesterday. Leaves us with:

2 GK: Smith and Bentley
4 Defenders: Clohessy, Prosser, Straker and Leonard.
6 Midfielders: Spillane, Mayor, Hurst, Spicer, Reeves and Woodyard
4 Strikers: Harris, Corr, Assombalonga, Lavery

16 players. 14 outfield players. Grim.

Yes 14 outfield players, two of which are carrying injuries and may be unavailable too! It'll be like a throwback to the 70's with just one sub! :thumbdown::sad:

Westy, as ever you talk utter tripe and I find your comments on his perception somewhat rude.

Do you get annoyed when everyone makes fun about Freddys weight on shrimperzone too?

I don't know if he is doing a good job that's why I put the question out but thanks for the update.

Hope you don't find some more of my tripe too rude :p

I think its fair to say Phillips is an injury prone player. He played something like 70 games in nearly 7 years at Millwall. Corr we know about. Tomlin I believe has also suffered a few injuries over the years, ditto Chris Barker. The problem has been the back up and the expensive flops in Harris, Freddy, Benyon, Spicer, Martin. Also looking at last night showed just how crucial Timlin is. Ive not always been his biggest fan but we looked rudderless in there without him. Laird doesnt seem the leader type nor Hurst. He for me has been the biggest loss.

I don't think BBBC has been injured at all this (calendar) year. When he's been left out it's been because of tactical changes usually to boost the midfield.

Timlin's influence is huge and will be sorely missed. It's now 10 matches since we last won without him in the line-up.

You would not believe the work that Ben Clarkson does for this club, I read numerous times that he worked all through last summer with the injured and recovering players when the 'super star' players had holidays. I think the lad literally had one weeks annual leave out of the 52.

You only have to look at the comments and feedback that the players, manager and club put on Ben Clarkson to realise that our Southend supporting Physio is an absolute asset to our club.

I have no idea whether he is or isn't any good but working hard doesn't necessarily mean he's any good - the likes of Gareth Risbridger and Scotty Forbes ran about a lot, worked hard and were popular but it didn't give them much of a career in professional football.....

Chris Phillips‏@CJPhillips1982 Phillips & Eastwood are the only injured players to have any chance of being fit for Saturday @SUFCRootsHall

Chris Phillips‏
@CJPhillips1982
Luke Prosser also revealed in his interview last night that Caolan Lavery injured his hamstring after coming on against Cheltenham.Chris Phillips‏@CJPhillips1982 Caolan Lavery will have a scan on his injured hamstring on Friday @sufcrootshall

Thats Lavery probably unavailable as well then. With Phillips and Fred prob being rushed back too early.

That is criminal if he was injured again as he was clearly K-taped up in the region of the back of his leg.

We've had to play patched up or unfit players most of the season, but if its the same injury, then things must desperate to get fit players!

'Slight niggle' , 'bad toe' , 'not quite match fit' - the list of petty excuses goes on and on.
I think they should all 'MAN UP' and get out there for the cause.
Bert Trautmann played with a broken neck !

Radio said we might be eight players short for Saturday.

Help.

Giving players extra recovery time from their injuries so that they be ready for the Borient game. The reasoning being the big pay day at Wembley!

We all have injury problems! At one point us Cobblers had 13 players out through suspension/injury! You'll still win Saturday because we're playing away.

Back