• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big question is - if there is s chance a couple maybe fit for saturday do we play them or not? I agree that the league is very important, but the team that played on Tuesday did ok and should have got the result. We wont go up or not on Saturday, but it would give the likes of Barker and Phillips that bit extra time to recover for Wednesday. For me, at the moment the chnace of seeing Southend at Wembley, a massive thing for us fans, is more important than saturday, i know that some would disagree and the league is the priority, but just take a step back and think of 25-30,000 blues at wembley, surely a dream for us all.

We all have injury problems! At one point us Cobblers had 13 players out through suspension/injury! You'll still win Saturday because we're playing away.

We're awful at home though. Not a half decent league performance in nearly 2 months

Big question is - if there is s chance a couple maybe fit for saturday do we play them or not? I agree that the league is very important, but the team that played on Tuesday did ok and should have got the result. We wont go up or not on Saturday, but it would give the likes of Barker and Phillips that bit extra time to recover for Wednesday. For me, at the moment the chnace of seeing Southend at Wembley, a massive thing for us fans, is more important than saturday, i know that some would disagree and the league is the priority, but just take a step back and think of 25-30,000 blues at wembley, surely a dream for us all.

I wouldn't start them unless they were 90-100% fit, which I doubt. Can't risk losing them for any longer, but an ideal scenario would be to give them 10-15 at the end of the game.

To make matters even worse , I've woken up with a sore back today.
Hopefully rest today will help and I will be able to take my seat tomorrow.

League is more important than a day out.

We win Saturday and it keeps us right up there with the pack chasing for 3rd, lose and we lose ground and have to start chasing just to get back in the play offs.

That said, theres no point risking players if theres a risk of worsening the injury.

To make matters even worse , I've woken up with a sore back today.
Hopefully rest today will help and I will be able to take my seat tomorrow.

When it rains, eh?. I can't make tomorrow so I'm getting someone in on loan to fill my seat. My scout assures me that he doesn't boo, but he hasn't had much chair time recently. Hopefully, he'll be able to do a job for us.

We're awful at home though. Not a half decent league performance in nearly 2 months

I'm now even more convinced you'll win. That post could be leveled at Gillingham/Rotherham who've beaten us in the last few games. Also lost at Barnet in October when they hadn't won all season, 4-0.

When it rains, eh?. I can't make tomorrow so I'm getting someone in on loan to fill my seat. My scout assures me that he doesn't boo, but he hasn't had much chair time recently. Hopefully, he'll be able to do a job for us.

Is your loanee eligible for the JPT match or do you expect to be back then yourself ?

League is more important than a day out.

We win Saturday and it keeps us right up there with the pack chasing for 3rd, lose and we lose ground and have to start chasing just to get back in the play offs.

That said, theres no point risking players if theres a risk of worsening the injury.

I agree that all things being equal the league is more important. But IMO promotion this year is a long shot (injuries or not) - We have to win a number of games to get promotion, we just have to avoid defeat in one game to reach Wembley.

It's a bit like me offering you a chance to win £50 for scoring 100 on a dart board, or £100 for scoring 180 - yes, arguably, the prize is greater, but the chances of winning the larger prize are much less.

I'd personally rest anyone not 100% fit on Saturday for the JPT game - you never know we might win the game anyway.

Is your loanee eligible for the JPT match or do you expect to be back then yourself ?

This is the problem. If you get loanees in they'll want to, er, sit. Truth is, I'm very likely to be back but, if he has a stormer tomorrow, there are no guarantees.

This is the problem. If you get loanees in they'll want to, er, sit. Truth is, I'm very likely to be back but, if he has a stormer tomorrow, there are no guarantees.

If he does well tomorrow , then that will make next week very tricky.
I think just sit him down and explain that he's one for the future , but for a JPT Area Final 2nd leg , we really do need our experienced campaigners back.
I mean you could keep him in , but he could freeze on the night :omg:

If he does well tomorrow , then that will make next week very tricky.
I think just sit him down and explain that he's one for the future , but for a JPT Area Final 2nd leg , we really do need our experienced campaigners back.
I mean you could keep him in , but he could freeze on the night :omg:

I've spoken to the boy and clarified a few points. He realises that he's here initially for one game and that he can't just walk into an established seat. He's spent a lot of time on the bench (south-east corner in the late seventies) but he's an ambitious lad. Comes from a good family who keep his feet on the ground, good in the fresh air and tidy on the steps. He's just here for the experience, and I'm sure he realises that I'll be back after the girl's graduation ceremony...I mean my suspension. Good lad.

I'm now even more convinced you'll win. That post could be leveled at Gillingham/Rotherham who've beaten us in the last few games. Also lost at Barnet in October when they hadn't won all season, 4-0.
Nah, you're already 3-0 up. Bayo Akinfenwa has scored against us in practically every fixture, whether for the Cobblers, Gillingham or Swansea. Roy O'Donovan, who was with us for a while a few seasons back, scored a hat-trick against us when he subsequently signed for Hartlepool, and then of course there's another ex-blue in Luke Guttridge.

Back