• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oxford United 3, Southend United 3 (Southend win 5-3 on penalties)

Better than destroying a SUFC players confidence yes, I will say i am not happy with a performance but not publicly slate, what is wrong with that?

I doubt a player's confidence is going to be destroyed because of what someone says on an internet fan forum. If that were the case then there would be about 10 players in the country playing with confidence. Yes, saying you are not happy with their performance is not slating them, but it is just a bit confusing to why you don't say a name.

If you were at the game last night it would be blatently obvious who i refer to, but while I agree fans forums are there to encourage debate and opinions, which I am all for, recently it has gone too far with regards to one player and I dont want to be responsible for another witch hunt.

fair dos i was not at the game so curious who you are on about. i understand wot ur saying but maybe would become a good discussion.

If you were at the game last night it would be blatently obvious who i refer to, but while I agree fans forums are there to encourage debate and opinions, which I am all for, recently it has gone too far with regards to one player and I dont want to be responsible for another witch hunt.

Your choice buddy. I understand where you're coming from and salute your stand. As you say though, it IS a forum and it's here to discuss players, their brilliance and their faults. Fans will always have their targets. So long as the same damn debate doesn't overrun every thread, it's part and parcel of football and football forums. If individual players can't cope with that, they shouldn't read the forums.

TBH Streaker did improve in the 2nd half (slightly) playing as a "wing back" but was total dog in the 1st half. 3/5 of our pens were saveable and their keeper must have had nightmares about not saving any of them!

Fair enough. I wasn't able to get to the game, can you give some marks out of 10 please? :winking:

It is the ref's decision which end to take the penalties at, and as one end only has a 6 foot wall and a car park behind it, it was always going to be the other end. Well done to Timlin for coming back and geeing up our fans after he had scored the fourth penalty. We were a long way from the action, but the renewed support and chanting may have made the difference as Bentley saved the next penalty and the rest is history. Did anyone else notice on Blues Player that the commentator said that Smith saved the penalty! Talk about rubbing salt in the wound!

smith 3? is that based on performance or attitude? just curious.

3???????? WTF?
For the Ox 2nd goal it WAS NOT a goal, goal 3 was a defensive team lapse brought about by the confusing subs & the break in lots of players' concentration so how does one player get the blame (isn't it a team game?).

The 3 tells me more about the "assessor" than Mr Smith.

3???????? WTF?
For the Ox 2nd goal it WAS NOT a goal, goal 3 was a defensive team lapse brought about by the confusing subs & the break in lots of players' concentration so how does one player get the blame (isn't it a team game?).

The 3 tells me more about the "assessor" than Mr Smith.

Didn't see the game can you tell me how Smith was lobbed? He is a tall guy so I guess he must have been off his line and quite a way out? I'm just asking, not having a pop.

Didn't see the game can you tell me how Smith was lobbed? He is a tall guy so I guess he must have been off his line and quite a way out? I'm just asking, not having a pop.

IMO I thought he was a fault for the second goal. He hesitated in coming out and then decided to far too late. Apart from that though, he madw 2 or 3 really good saves, the one before their first goal imparticular.

Back