• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oxford United 3, Southend United 3 (Southend win 5-3 on penalties)

If you were at the game last night it would be blatently obvious who i refer to, but while I agree fans forums are there to encourage debate and opinions, which I am all for, recently it has gone too far with regards to one player and I dont want to be responsible for another witch hunt.
I was at the game and I am not sure that you have been fair. Straker is a left back not a winger or midfield player. He got better in the 2nd half and he showed he is lacking in confidence. he often had acres of space out left but hung back too much on defensive duties, especially when we went ahead. I don't know what instructions he was getting from Cocko and PS over that side of the pitch BUT he was listening to them for sure as he was close enough AND he must have been doing what he was told. From where we sat it was frustrating see the space and wanting to push on for a fourth but that can't be all down to him as a more attacking winger option of Martin was available.
We do seem to be wanting to "flow" on our right and "stick on the left side.
With Laird back in I expect Timlin to move back out.

for me smith was a 6 very unlucky with one goal..was a bit p.ssed at the game so can't remember which one but it was from a header:blush:

Same here! However, the two that the keeper probably should have saved at least had some power and momentum behind them to carry the ball over the line!

He should have saved 3. The ball went under him 3 times!

smith 3? is that based on performance or attitude? just curious.

I would of rated him on performance 5.
And knocked 2 off for his attitude, sorry should have commented at time.
He was very poor at commanding his area. IMO should have pushed the ball out of play not back towards the pen spot for first, was terible for the goal that IMO didn't go in, Again bad positioning for the other. He did make one good save, and a couple of routine ones.
As a keeper that has commanded a fee of HALF MILLION POUNDS TWICE he has no authority about him. For a 33 year old pro he should have shaken Bentley's hand at least. If I were Sturrock, I would drop him for the next three games as punishment, and see how young Bentley shapes up over those games !!

Back