• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tampa Blue

Director⭐
Drew 0-0 with Dagenham yet had a strong looking side out.

Bad news is that Oxley went off injured according to CP - hoping that it's nothing too serious but the twitter photo shows him holding his arm again.

Line Up:

Blues: Oxley(Bexon), White, Inniss, Barrett, Coutts (Cotton), Bedford(Phillips), O'Neill, McGlashan, Bridge (Wabo), Hines, Nouble

Was just going to post that myself.

It's a bit of a "bitter and sweet" sound bite. (bitter for us as fans, but sweet for Smith & Bexon)

Obviously gutted Oxley is out injured again (although we don't know for how long yet...or do we?)

But I do think young Ted has done enough in Oxley's previous injury absence to keep the shirt. Although I would feel more comfortable if we had Oxley on the bench come Saturday afternoon as back up against Millwall rather then Bexon.

No dis-respect to Bexon at all, It's just that we are at the stage of the season & in a position of getting a sniff of the play off's, and if Smith got injured also, I don't think Bexon has the experience to command a starting line up at league one level.

Last edited:
Ted is becoming a good keeper .The only thing that is slightly worrying is he isn't vocal enough .And doesn't come out and boss his box enough .That will come but he must learn these things as quickly as possible .

this is a real shame . I know Ted is one of ours blah blah blah, and he has undoubtedly done every ell and is getting better and better but Oxleys best performances this year have been better than Ted's in my opinion. I think Morrison on Tuesday would have more luck bullying Ted than Oxley. As others have said fingers crossed Ted doesn't get injured

Can we take a keeper on an emergency loan Or is that not allowed in the new loan rules .

Oxley suffers elbow injury as Blues draw at Dagenham

SOUTHEND United goalkeeper Mark Oxley suffered another elbow problem on his return to action at Dagenham & Redbridge this afternoon.

More...

8Pqhg7.jpg

**** it that hurts.

Get well soon Mark. :winking:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped off at B&L between jobs at about 11am. car park empty - no training going on apart from ted and the gk coach.

as an aside why, against d&r, were we wearing home shirts with black shorts and socks (inniss photo in the echo), they were wearing green. had someone forgotten to wash them after saturday?

Stopped off at B&L between jobs at about 11am. car park empty - no training going on apart from ted and the gk coach.

as an aside why, against d&r, were we wearing home shirts with black shorts and socks (inniss photo in the echo), they were wearing green. had someone forgotten to wash them after saturday?

Some of the injured boys came out a bit later to work on the grass. Including Mooney and McL, who you will be pleased to know is now doing long sprints etc.

I have heard that the news about Oxley is not good. :sad:

Some of the injured boys came out a bit later to work on the grass. Including Mooney and McL, who you will be pleased to know is now doing long sprints etc.

Still no replacement groundsman then? Still, good that the players are learning another trade that they can turn to when their footballing career comes to an end. :smile:

A real shame about Oxley but the more games Ted plays the better he will become. In the short term we will have to accommodate the odd mistake. However, the longer Ted plays the less chance of Oxley regaining his place.

Still no replacement groundsman then? Still, good that the players are learning another trade that they can turn to when their footballing career comes to an end. :smile:

Just to be clear that term also doesn't mean they were sorting out anyone who has been phoning up the Sun lately either.

Yarmouth shrimper you say we don't need a loan keeper But if Ted smith gets injured The only cover we have is a young untried kid I feel that's a bit of a risk in our present position I would rather ted plays and an tried and tested keeper on the bench .

Yarmouth shrimper you say we don't need a loan keeper But if Ted smith gets injured The only cover we have is a young untried kid I feel that's a bit of a risk in our present position I would rather ted plays and an tried and tested keeper on the bench .

We can't sign a keeper on loan as the window is shut anyway. The only exception, I believe, is if we had no keeper available (played less than 5 first team games) then we can get a 7 day emergency cover!

Back