• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can confirm that at a recent training session, Payne, Clifford and Weston were by far the best........and poor old Barney was the worst!

Who is Hoodle and what stuff was used is what I want to know
Glen Hoodle. The what is not relevant. The point was that a player voted European player of the year twice still believed he could improve and practiced nearly learnt skills that a more naturally talented player could do without effort. (Off subject but it's on record that when noodle was englang manager he set routines that the players could not do but he could as they were not technically as skilfull)

Glen Hoodle. The what is not relevant. The point was that a player voted European player of the year twice still believed he could improve and practiced nearly learnt skills that a more naturally talented player could do without effort. (Off subject but it's on record that when noodle was englang manager he set routines that the players could not do but he could as they were not technically as skilfull)

Who is Noodle:winking:

I am confused.

Good moaning. Hoodle was a ployer at Tittenham and a monager at Swondon.

So Noodle played for Topenham and he was doing stuff with Keegan who were being watched by Hoodle!

I am worried about the stuff:winking:

isn't saying we need a former-striker to coach strikers like saying on great players make great managers? if a good shooting coach is available we should snap them up, if we can/can afford them, even if they weren't a great forward

I find it astonishing that Phil Brown has said he is more worried about stopping goals than scoring them. Surely he should be working on both at the moment, especially as our strikers aren't scoring.
He said it's pointless banging balls into an empty net. And herein lies the problem. Sounds like he has no idea about strikers. With Brown and Coughlan having been defenders and Penney a midfielder, it's little wonder that the striker training is pants.
You don't just bang balls into an empty net to improve the strikers.
Southend are having a very high amount of shots at goal at the moment, which is fantastic. The midfielders are having better shots than the strikers. So something obviously needs improving.

I find it astonishing that Phil Brown has said he is more worried about stopping goals than scoring them. Surely he should be working on both at the moment, especially as our strikers aren't scoring.
He said it's pointless banging balls into an empty net. And herein lies the problem. Sounds like he has no idea about strikers. With Brown and Coughlan having been defenders and Penney a midfielder, it's little wonder that the striker training is pants.
You don't just bang balls into an empty net to improve the strikers.
Southend are having a very high amount of shots at goal at the moment, which is fantastic. The midfielders are having better shots than the strikers. So something obviously needs improving.
Agree with this, but can I say it in a positive way?

Back