• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But they have a right to do what they are doing. Unfortunately some people are stupid enough to use them.

I'd like to see to see that right taken away. Unfortunately we have a huge amount of silly people in this country. You should either help them out of empathy or help them because their financial problems have caused wider effects to the economy.

The reason these companies are thriving is simple really. Easy money with little or no credit checks made. I've tried to imagine why anyone would need one ( I purposely left out the word 'want' as I feel anyone with a modicum of sense wouldn't actually want one anyway) and I'm honestly struggling to come up with a valid reason. If you're an unemployed family man there are benefits a plenty to keep the loved ones clothed and fed. The same can be said for unemployed singles too. You're kids may have to go without the latest gadget. You and the wife may have to forego that regular outing to the cinema. Those are the sort of prices that have to be paid when money is tight. Unfortunately we live in a country that believes that no matter what the personal circumstances, every individual is entitled to have and own things that their individual financial circumstances don't entitle them to. That's the greed these firms exploit and until the laws are changed to reign them in it'll only get worse.

Maybe if the government actually reduced the cost of living and helped the population then maybe people wouldnt be strugglng.

The amount of tax we pay is rediculous. Petrol alone is a disgrace.

We are breeding a benefit and loan shark culture.

Just received the following reputation comment from Dave Dave.

"You are a self-righteous **** mate."

Eight posts and he knows me already. Obviously a very perceptive fellow.

Welcome to the zone.

Does this count as complaining about rep? :whistling: (braces for red)

I'd like to see to see that right taken away. Unfortunately we have a huge amount of silly people in this country.

So at what price would you let them have the right to lend money? 5%, 10%, 50%. Lending to higher risk punters should offer greater rewards. If the margins were too low they wouldnt be doing it.
I agree though that some of these rates are scandalous but surely you have to trust people to make their own decisions.

Maybe if the government actually reduced the cost of living and helped the population then maybe people wouldnt be strugglng.

So reduce tax. Encourage people to spend money they don't have. Cut working hours, increase pensions. Rename the country to Greece.

So at what price would you let them have the right to lend money? 5%, 10%, 50%. Lending to higher risk punters should offer greater rewards. If the margins were too low they wouldnt be doing it.
I agree though that some of these rates are scandalous but surely you have to trust people to make their own decisions.

You are right that the line in the sand is definitely a matter for debate.

We can't trust people to make their own decisions on lots of issues. We ban guns and drugs, censor films and television, we have an age of consent etc.

We've banned tobacco advertising but allow these wrong'uns to run wild on TV, internet and even SMS.

We licence and regulate money lending but this needs to be tightened to ban high interest lenders.

It's appears we have a 'Rusty Shackleton' wannabe on our hands. I prefer the original :)

On a serious note are you suggesting that people shouldn't borrow money full stop? People and businesses have to borrow money sometimes. This is the case whether you are a jobseeker whose fridge breaks or a large business looking to expand.

Getting a fridge if yours is broken down is fine but if you have no money then really you should be getting a second hand fridge. I cant help but think some people would get the biggest flashest fridge they can without means to repay it.

It's appears we have a 'Rusty Shackleton' wannabe on our hands. I prefer the original :)

On a serious note are you suggesting that people shouldn't borrow money full stop? People and businesses have to borrow money sometimes. This is the case whether you are a jobseeker whose fridge breaks or a large business looking to expand.

Well I believe he was banned after being invited to a fight by that gobshite Barnaby. Applelover, do you have any arguments other than delving down into your own bag of personal certainty that your 70s era statist ******** might work one day? I've never encountered a cogent argument from you, just complaints about conservatives being 'mean".

Getting a fridge if yours is broken down is fine but if you have no money then really you should be getting a second hand fridge. I cant help but think some people would get the biggest flashest fridge they can without means to repay it.

Obviously I don't mean one that delivers a choice of ice cubes or crushed ice. That would be obscene :)

Then she should have a job by now and obviously isn't living in anything resembling poverty. Even in Pitsea.

Hi Rusty

I see that your reincarnation has transformed you into an even bigger attention seeker.

Have you got over the re-election of Obama yet?

spot on ...people think it's against their human rights not to have the same tv etc etc as somebody who has worked for it.They then get themselves into debt and after exhausting all means of credit they then use the payday lenders......I am shedding tears for all those poor people.... not.

Then she should have a job by now and obviously isn't living in anything resembling poverty. Even in Pitsea.

So can I take it from that statement your saying that because she is prepared to work for minimum wage & has a phone she should be in employment by now? Given that long term youth unemployment has only just minisculely fallen from the peak of an 800% increase, the three months she has been out of work isn't a great deal of time.

Isn't it about time people stopped looking at owning a mobile phone as a luxury, surely now they are accepted as everyday items. Tariff's can be so low that they are in fact cheaper to run than a home phone.

Has Pitsea become some kind of poverty blackspot for the country that I don't know about? I don't know where you live much less care either, but I'm sure you will find the complete range of living standards pretty much everywhere you go throughout the country.

I'm not sure why you make an assumption about her living standards when you know the sum total of phuck all about her, but I will tell you its high enough not to have to use doorstep/payday lenders.

Er, it's you who's suggesting people shouldn't be allowed to borrow money.

The government's responsibility is to educate people so they realise that they are being idiots, not to prevent them being idiots.

The government also isn't responsible for setting the cost of living.

Er, it's you who's suggesting people shouldn't be allowed to borrow money.

The government's responsibility is to educate people so they realise that they are being idiots, not to prevent them being idiots.

The government also isn't responsible for setting the cost of living.

The government is hugely responsible for the cost of living.

You earn £250pw. You get taxed. You go buy your weekly shop you get taxed. You buy petrol you get taxed. Whatever you buy you get taxed againand again. If you save money you have already paid tax on you get taxed again.

The more you earn the more you get taxed. Also why is that people who do not or refuse to work get help with everything?

Again another drain on the tax payer.

Inflation. Set by the government is it not? Is it in keeping with income?

Familys are at breaking point with no help and the likes of loan sharks etc stop people going under.

Maybe the government should stop crucifying the ones that do and target the ones that dont.

So if the government didn't raise the money to run the country from taxation, where will they get it from?

Back