• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Ok, i've assembled my own computer, everything works great except for the monitor.

It's a Hanns-G HW173 17' monitor.

It works ok, but the associated driver disk I need to install is only compatible with Vista apparantly, I of course have XP.

So my question is how do I get this driver installed using XP, I refuse to buy Vista until they sort the bugs out.

There must be an XP version of this driver somewhere?

What a stupid idea it is to make a monitor with a driver that is solely Vista compatible..

sorry.. probably best to re-word my reply. if the screen and everything works ok then what's the problem? your monitor shouldn't need any drivers, just the graphics card

Its a widescreen monitor but as i cant install the driver the resolution is not what it should be, leaving the text etc looking a little stretched if you know what i mean?

play with the settings on desktop (right click)
my school laptop is widescreen and projector isn't - a bit of a pain in the **** but workable

have had a look mate....not looking good...i refused the Vista upgrade for the same reason.

I would suggest just trawling the internet looking for the drivers

Its a widescreen monitor but as i cant install the driver the resolution is not what it should be, leaving the text etc looking a little stretched if you know what i mean?

so the software says it is only compatible with Vista??

did you buy the monitor with the PC or seperate?

Yippee!

Re-installed the graphics chipset, rebooted and wam bam thankyou maam!

Weird, now have optimum resolution without even installing the driver.

Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated.

You might want to have a look for a new graphics card driver as well. These can ofyen take over the display settings .
(ive been in IT for 15 years and never had to install a driver for a external monitor to sort its resolution )

Yippee!

Re-installed the graphics chipset, rebooted and wam bam thankyou maam!

Weird, now have optimum resolution without even installing the driver.

Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated.

Rebooting solves SO many problems
and PCs are sometimes incredibly weird ;)

Back