• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

james_c

First XI
look at his record we lost only 3-2 to top of the league with moshni (possibly are best defender)injured. we played not that bad and have to consider sturrock had to pick up what he could with no money to spend all at the start of the season. yes he's probably realised he s made mistakes but lets give him time to turn it around.

usually i sit in block t but thought id join tbv for Saturdays game and while i enjoyed the atmosphere I thought some of the pointless songs about other stands not singing weren't going to help. also there was some people just saying how **** easton was every time he got the ball .i no tbv is good in theory but there really is some idiots ruining what you lot are trying to do.

see thats the idiotc attitude i hate its not im moaning about sitting there i like the singing and atmosphere and think its good what tbv are doing to get singing going just think some idiots ruin it and wonder why we dont do well at home.

look at his record we lost only 3-2 to top of the league with moshni (possibly are best defender)injured. we played not that bad and have to consider sturrock had to pick up what he could with no money to spend all at the start of the season. yes he's probably realised he s made mistakes but lets give him time to turn it around.

usually i sit in block t but thought id join tbv for Saturdays game and while i enjoyed the atmosphere I thought some of the pointless songs about other stands not singing weren't going to help. also there was some people just saying how **** easton was every time he got the ball .i no tbv is good in theory but there really is some idiots ruining what you lot are trying to do.

Im not arguing with your point but using the score Sat was not a good example. If Chesterfield had their first choice strike force out we could of been 4 or 5 down by half time. The fact they scored 3 with a reserve pairing shows how poor we are.

And how can TBV know if other stands were singing. We sit in the east and can hear the drum banging but cant hear any songs from the west side doesnt mean you werent singing though does it. Also I know several of the guys who sit over with the TBV and some of them are the biggest moaners Ive ever known they seem to pick on one player every year to really moan about. Last year it was Simon Francis this year Blair Sturrock and Easton. I understand and applaud what the TBV is trying to do but they arent all singing from the same Hymn sheet and like any group of people that is only to be expected. Just dont get the dissing of other stands. Think alot of the trouble with atmosphere is obviously due to lack of numbers especially in the South stand as this is the stand that links the East and West together. The West starts a song the South can hear it and join in then we can hear it in the East without the singers in the South it is too fragmented. Also this year with not many away fans you lose so much of the atmosphere when you think of many of last seasons matches with massive away support we have nothing this season. Feel this is why we must consolidate this year and really push to get out of this dire division next season. I feel we wont achieve that by changing the manager after half a season. So to finally get to the point people wanting rid of Paul Sturrock are not mad just slightly foolish.

The people who want Sturrock to go are not mad they are just stupid and were probably the same people calling for Tilson to go.
The simple fact is Martin has shafted the club good and proper and it doesn't matter who is in charge we are going struggle. I am no fan of Sturrock but think he has done a good job since he came in and is just about the best manager we can hope for considering our current circumstances.

We are 17th in the lowest Division, we have played 26 matches and only won 8. Sturrock has had the luxury of signing 24 players! Brilliant, lets give the guy a 10 year contract!!

We are 17th in the lowest Division, we have played 26 matches and only won 8. Sturrock has had the luxury of signing 24 players! Brilliant, lets give the guy a 10 year contract!!

with no money 2 weeks before the season started, hardly a luxury.

Again, what were your expectations at the start of the season?

Well Sir Steve of Tilson has been in his current job 3 months or so now, not doing to much is he? oh and at least he had a full squad to play with..And before anyone says they aren't his players like Sturrocks, I am sure with a squad to build in only 2-3 weeks Sturrock made a few panic buys (wouldn't most people in that position) ?

I am not playing devils advocate or slagging off Tilly but people need to get their head out their *** and ,maybe rate Sturrock after a full January and end of season transfer window.....Jeez

None of the other clubs in this division have money. Also, Sturrock has been here for 6+ months now, not 2 weeks!

How many other clubs had to assemble almost an entire squad in the summer? I didn't say Sturrock has only been here 2 weeks I said he had 2 weeks to sign all those players before the season started.

I dont think I am mad saying this but I am going to....

I dont enjoy the football lately, but I am fully aware of the **** we were in at the start of the season. The fact we are what 7 points clear of relegation after xmas is a good job in my opinion. We need to get behind him. Almost everyone I know who doesnt support us had us down as relegation certs pre season.. people need to wake up and realise that we arent setting the world alight, but we are on the verge of being able to stem the slide. Sturrock deserves his chance to see the job through with the support of the fans

Again, what were your expectations at the start of the season?

If a manager has a free hand to pick almost entirely his own squad then the expectation is that by now the players would have gelled and a club such as ours should be looking at least at a top half of table positon. Most managers, when they join a new club are stuck with what they have, it is not easy to move contracted players on. We have to remember that we are in a division where no other manager has money to spend, indeed, the two highest recent transfers at the lower level have been purchases by Crawley Town and Fleetwood!!
I am just stating facts and based on those (results) in my opinion it is very generous to say that Sturrock is doing a good job. Indeed, the best player in his squad is Granty who was already here!

If a manager has a free hand to pick almost entirely his own squad then the expectation is that by now the players would have gelled and a club such as ours should be looking at least at a top half of table positon. Most managers, when they join a new club are stuck with what they have, it is not easy to move contracted players on. We have to remember that we are in a division where no other manager has money to spend, indeed, the two highest recent transfers at the lower level have been purchases by Crawley Town and Fleetwood!!
I am just stating facts and based on those (results) in my opinion it is very generous to say that Sturrock is doing a good job. Indeed, the best player in his squad is Granty who was already here!

The manager didn't have a free hand. He was constrained by a transfer embargo, a budget, the PFA advising players not to join us etc!

That's now what Beefy asked, though... Beefy asked what were your expectations at the start of the season, after we'd just assembled a squad within two weeks, not now that we've had time to reflect on the signings made. Before Tilson's dismissal, the average expectation was that, given the circumstances, survival and steadying the ship would be a job well done. As I said in another thead, I fail to see why this should be any different for Sturrock and those who have suddenly increased their expectations are only doing so as a means to criticse him further.

Back