• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

look at his record we lost only 3-2 to top of the league with moshni (possibly are best defender)injured. we played not that bad and have to consider sturrock had to pick up what he could with no money to spend all at the start of the season. yes he's probably realised he s made mistakes but lets give him time to turn it around.

usually i sit in block t but thought id join tbv for Saturdays game and while i enjoyed the atmosphere I thought some of the pointless songs about other stands not singing weren't going to help. also there was some people just saying how **** easton was every time he got the ball .i no tbv is good in theory but there really is some idiots ruining what you lot are trying to do.

Jesus Christ. It is a bit of harmless banter. That may one day (If they can hear it in the first place) may provoke a response and increase the noise levels around the ground...

If the East/South stand started a chant of "Can you hear the W Block sing" I am pretty sure that would get the right reaction. And a noisy one at that...Infact I think those in W Block would love nothing more than this to happen one game. So come on East/South Stand let's be 'aving you!....Give W Block some stick!..

"Can't hear the East Stand sing, Can't hear the South Stand sing, we are the W Block boys, we'll sing on our own"

Last edited:
I'm just pleased we have a club to support and can name full side each week. Everything else is froth (as long as we avoid relegation, but I think even Shrimperzone III could do that in this poor division).

i'll be happy just to survive as a league club this league. i think the football has been that poor that is the very best we can hope for this year!

Jesus Christ. It is a bit of harmless banter. That may one day (If they can hear it in the first place) may provoke a response and increase the noise levels around the ground...

If the East/South stand started a chant of "Can you hear the W Block sing" I am pretty sure that would get the right reaction. And a noisy one at that...Infact I think those in W Block would love nothing more than this to happen one game. So come on East/South Stand let's be 'aving you!....Give W Block some stick!..

ok but i thought was there to support the team?? sorry i didnt realize tbv was there to jus moan and banter with the other stands. also as i have said i think te blues voice is a good idea bt other than the back 2 rows people ruining it shouting at the players after every mistake. the two gus were saying not to easton every time the ball went to him. i really wanted to go over to them after he scored.
"Can't hear the East Stand sing, Can't hear the South Stand sing, we are the W Block boys, we'll sing on our own"

ok but i thought was there to support the team?? sorry i didnt realize tbv was there to jus moan and banter with the other stands. also as i have said i think te blues voice is a good idea bt other than the back 2 rows people ruining it shouting at the players after every mistake. the two gus were saying not to easton every time the ball went to him. i really wanted to go over to them after he scored.

The manager didn't have a free hand. He was constrained by a transfer embargo, a budget, the PFA advising players not to join us etc!

and the minor drawback that by the time he could sign any players, anyone remotely above average was contracted elsewhere. - so yes, a "free pick" - but only from those unwanted elsewhere.

Spot on here, Love it!

If a manager has a free hand to pick almost entirely his own squad then the expectation is that by now the players would have gelled and a club such as ours should be looking at least at a top half of table positon. Most managers, when they join a new club are stuck with what they have, it is not easy to move contracted players on. We have to remember that we are in a division where no other manager has money to spend, indeed, the two highest recent transfers at the lower level have been purchases by Crawley Town and Fleetwood!!
I am just stating facts and based on those (results) in my opinion it is very generous to say that Sturrock is doing a good job. Indeed, the best player in his squad is Granty who was already here!

This is real life not Football Manager.

Back