• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

but brown brought him in - unless of course there weren't many other options which there generally isn't in the striking department.

You have answered your own question there buddy. :winking:

Oh dear !

Seven out of our next eight games are against top half teams. The other one is 13th !!!!!

Ten games into the new season and the average league position of the opponents we've faced so far is 15th.

Team Position they are currently in - Result
Plymouth 15th - W
Yeovil 22nd (C) - L
Hartlepool 22nd - W
Northampton 23rd - W
Chesterfield 1st - L
Wycombe 10th - L
Morecambe 9th - L
Scunthorpe 11th - L
Bury 20th - D
Bristol Rovers 16th - D

I don't have an issue with Brown. I didn't like his comment about Phillips I think that was very silly. He needs to curb the amount of tosh he seems to be speaking in the press cause it's not helping people's opinion of him. I still think he needs time, if these 1 or 2 players he has lined up are any good it could be a massive change. A defender and a striker is something we need to help the team. If these don't come in before Saturday I think we will be in for a spanking against Oxford.

Ten games into the new season and the average league position of the opponents we've faced so far is 15th.

Team Position they are currently in - Result
Plymouth 15th - W
Yeovil 22nd (C) - L
Hartlepool 22nd (24th) - W
Northampton 23rd (11th) - W
Chesterfield 1st (3rd) - L
Wycombe 10th (18th) - L
Morecambe 9th (13th) - L
Scunthorpe 11th (15th) - L
Bury 20th (17th) - D
Bristol Rovers 16th (19th) - D

Thought I'd add in the position the teams were in the table before the match was played. No point putting in Plymouth's as no matches were played and Yeovil was a cup game against a higher level team.

Coincidently, the average league position is also 15th. Majority of teams seem to move up the table after their game with us, apart from the obvious 3 points it seems beating us gives them a boost to go on a decent run.

Thought I'd add in the position the teams were in the table before the match was played. No point putting in Plymouth's as no matches were played and Yeovil was a cup game against a higher level team.

Coincidently, the average league position is also 15th. Majority of teams seem to move up the table after their game with us, apart from the obvious 3 points it seems beating us gives them a boost to go on a decent run.

Out of interest, where did you get that info from?

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-two/2013-2014/table

Just above the table it has a dropdown box saying "Latest Table", so just select the date.

Thanks.

We were 5th when Timlin broke his leg, 3 points behind 3rd with a game in hand.

Bradford, who ended up getting promoted, were 2 places below us in the table (albeit with a game in hand) when Sturrock got sacked.

12 points from the 7 games remaining when Brown took over could have been enough to have got us into the play-offs.

Thanks.

We were 5th when Timlin broke his leg, 3 points behind 3rd with a game in hand.

Bradford, who ended up getting promoted, were 2 places below us in the table (albeit with a game in hand) when Sturrock got sacked.

12 points from the 7 games remaining when Brown took over could have been enough to have got us into the play-offs.

Something I have been saying for a while. Brown was apparently brought in to get us promoted but i still maintain we had more chance of that by keeping Sturrock. I guess Sturrock would have played Leonard and Lund at Wembley in midfield rather that Mohsni, another abortion of a decision by Brown.

Something I have been saying for a while. Brown was apparently brought in to get us promoted but i still maintain we had more chance of that by keeping Sturrock. I guess Sturrock would have played Leonard and Lund at Wembley in midfield rather that Mohsni, another abortion of a decision by Brown.

You have indeed said that before, but we were in awful form when he left and sliding down the table. I dont really see any thing to substantiate that claim.

YB says 12 points from 7 games would have gotten us promoted when Brown took over, but Sturrock only got us 9 points in the 10 games prior to his sacking?

As for Mohsni that was a terrible decision, but on the flip side Leonard is only the player he is now because Brown played him there.

Looking back at that, in Brown's first game we went 2-0 up in the first 12 minutes against Bradford. In the next game against Fleetwood, we conceded a goal from a corner but still managed to grab a point. Even against Rochdale, we scored early on in the 2nd half to make it 1-1 and could have pressed on but didn't. Against Bristol Rovers we had 16 shots to their 2, but failed to score.

If we had managed to hold on against Bradford for the win, we would have gone 8th and 5 points behind Exeter with 6 games left. The fact Exeter managed only 1 point from their remaining 7 games shows the play-offs could have been possible. That momentum could have carried us and turned those draws against Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers into wins, and possibly that defeat to Rochdale into a draw or even 3 points. That's an extra 5-7 points there.

All ifs and buts when it comes down to it, but when you think about those first couple of games Brown was in charge of you can see the similarities between those games and this seasons.

We didn't get promoted because we were not good enough under either PS or PB. The decision to play Moshni at Wembley was a huge mistake and I think shows that it does take time for a manager to get to know his squad... strengths and weaknesses. I doubt any of the Roots Hall regulars would have played Moshni in that role, yet a manager with Premier League experience did. Proof that you cannot just walk into a League 2 side and know the players! It takes time!!!

We didn't get promoted because we were not good enough under either PS or PB. The decision to play Moshni at Wembley was a huge mistake and I think shows that it does take time for a manager to get to know his squad... strengths and weaknesses. I doubt any of the Roots Hall regulars would have played Moshni in that role, yet a manager with Premier League experience did. Proof that you cannot just walk into a League 2 side and know the players! It takes time!!!

I agree but surely Coughlan would have advised Brown? Did Brown ignore/over rule him?

I would add that there were people on here saying Mohsni should play central midfield on more than one occassion. Daft people, but people none the less :smile:

Playing Mohsni in central midfield could potentially be justified.

Playing Mohsni in central midfield alongside Tam Makandawire in a 4-4-2 with Straker also in midfield can't be.

Sounds like a few pros have issues with him too after his latest echo interview

Roy McDonough ‏@RoyMcDonough 1h
@CJPhillips1982 @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo Anyone fancy a sweepstake on how many times he mentions himself

Spencer Prior ‏@spencerprior 47m
“@RoyMcDonough: @CJPhillips1982 @Essex_Echo Anyone fancy a sweepstake on how many times he mentions himself” or smashes the players

Back