• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pete Townsend in Southend last night....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Gutted! Absolutely bloody gutted! It being the daughter's birthday we arranged to go out for a meal last night, despite it being my parents' Lions' Club annual dinner at the Arlington Rooms.

Some of you will know I've mentioned the tenuous family connection before, but here's the proof - my aunt's husband (can't call him my uncle as they married only about 10 years ago) is the President of the club atm, and it's him who has the daughter who is Pete's girlfriend.

Last night, Pete and Rachel were top table guests at the dinner, and Pete did a 3 song set - including Pinball Wizard with Rachel's 7 year old nephew doing the vocals!

It had to be kept quiet but I do think my parents should have tipped me off! :madman:

Last night, Pete and Rachel were top table guests at the dinner, and Pete did a 3 song set - including Pinball Wizard with Rachel's 7 year old nephew doing the vocals!

Was he there doing 'research'?

Gutted! Absolutely bloody gutted! It being the daughter's birthday we arranged to go out for a meal last night, despite it being my parents' Lions' Club annual dinner at the Arlington Rooms.

Some of you will know I've mentioned the tenuous family connection before, but here's the proof - my aunt's husband (can't call him my uncle as they married only about 10 years ago) is the President of the club atm, and it's him who has the daughter who is Pete's girlfriend.

It had to be kept quiet but I do think my parents should have tipped me off! :madman:

Dunno about you Kay, they should have bloody well tipped me off, and probably Shrimpero as we are two of SZ's 'Oo fanatics.

Unnecessary and unwelcome - the guy was there supporting charity, and his girlfriend's father. You think what you will, nothing was proven and I can assure you if there was any doubt, he wouldn't have been welcome at such a gathering.

Maybe you parents were keeping you on standby as a "Sustitute" Kay.

Coat, Door, Gone...:stunned:

After 14,485 post's in such a short time on here, I wonder why your parents did not tip you off?

pete townsend ? pete townsend hmm I reckognise that name, ooooh yes peter townsend thats right isnt he the guy that was looking at kids getting by grown ups as a bit of research?

is that him?

pete townsend ? pete townsend hmm I reckognise that name, ooooh yes peter townsend thats right isnt he the guy that was looking at kids getting fuked by grown ups as a bit of research?

is that him?

yeah it is, but then he does charity work for the Lions club so it's ok to forget about that

Unnecessary and unwelcome - the guy was there supporting charity, and his girlfriend's father. You think what you will, nothing was proven and I can assure you if there was any doubt, he wouldn't have been welcome at such a gathering.

Nothing was proven?

He used his credit card to pay for it ffs!

And I'm a Who fan as much as the next man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back