• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You are wrong. The amount of time added is (or should be) the amount of time taken to complete the substitution which, of course, varies.

A running the clock down substitution takes longer. The player going off has recently moved to the far side of the pitch and trudges slowly off pausing to shake hands with his team-mates, maybe pauses to applaud the crowd and generally takes his time.

A tactical change to try something different when a team's behind can be made remarkably quickly !

The time taken to celebrate our second goal was excessive and will have contributed to the added time.

(also, considering his injury record, Hunt should not be doing that !)

Given all that 4 minutes still seems a lot to me (and watching back on sky nearly 5 minutes were actually played).

The trainer did not come (unusually for the whole match), I do not recall either team wasting time as both were pushing to score, so that only leaves the goal celebration and substitutions. The substitutions were not overly long and Mooney was making his way off the pitch as the players were still lining up for the restart.

I have been to many games where 4 minutes have been added on (it almost seems to be the default setting) where the trainer has been on etc.

If that really equated to 4 minutes then I should be expecting to see many games running to at least 6 minutes plus.

How do the officials measure time wasting (delays over goal kicks, free kicks, throw ins etc) as this rarely seems to be fully taken into account - again given this game had 4 minutes where there was no noticeable time wasting.

Back