• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ed Balls, Danny Alexander & gorgeous George Galloway all losing their seats has really cheered me up today. It's the icing on the cake!

Poor old Ed Balls lost out because of his unpopularity, not because of his economic capability. It is generally accepted in Whitehall that he was a brilliant economist but a serious Billy no Mates when it came to political popularity. One respected BBC commentator reckons that, out of political office, Mr Balls will become as popular as Michael Portillo has since his train journeys stuff.

Why? if they deserve and are due them then surely genuine benefits recipients have nothing to worry about with our latest caring bunch at No10.

If you and others truly knew the cold facts on how the taxpayers money is used,there would be riots nationwide.

Sums up a lot of people on this forum. I'm alright Jack is a horrible attitude to have towards those less fortunate than you.

If you and others truly knew the cold facts on how the taxpayers money is used,there would be riots nationwide.

I'm not sure how you are privy to Government spending data that isn't in the public domain, but if you know stuff that the rest of us don't then do please share it. If you are a central gov't employee please do remember that you are bound by the official secrets Act when it comes to making stuff public.

Boundary changes and a reduction in the number of constituencies from 650 to 600 will reinforce the Conservative hold come the next election.

The gradual reduction of the welfare state is now on the cards, Child benefit will probably be the first , and pretty soon I would imagine, giving as long as possible for the memory of losing it to fade before the next vote.

Housing Associations will withdraw , as the right to buy means that they will be forced to sell at a discount , thus leaving all rental accommodation to the private sector and syphoning any housing benefit paid straight into the pockets of those fortunate enough to be able to own more than one house. The rush to get on this cash cow will force prices of the "lower end" properties up, meaning that more people will need to rent, thus fuelling an increase in rental charges (standard supply and demand economics) .

The split in the ruling party on Europe will mean that the PM may have little support for whatever action is required regarding the EU, causing uncertainty in the markets , and particularly in investors in this country.
There may be job losses, but again , it will be at the lower end of society , who in the main, voted Labour or UKIP this time round so they can afford to be disenfranchised as long as those living comfortably are enough to enable a majority at an election.

But hey, the alternative looked a bit silly eating a bacon sandwich , so what choice was there.....

I'm not sure how you are privy to Government spending data that isn't in the public domain, but if you know stuff that the rest of us don't then do please share it. If you are a central gov't employee please do remember that you are bound by the official secrets Act when it comes to making stuff public.

I have an an insider who works for a council somewhere in Essex,this person has detailed knowledge of council spending,where it goes and to whom.The council and this person will remain private for obvious reasons.

Nearly 2 million on taxi cabs for the "deprived"!
36 million on housing benefit!
1 family receives £2400 every 4 weeks in benefits !

Just for starters.

With all due respect. Any spending is public information. The reason there isn't riots is because most people are as bothered as you think.

I have an an insider who works for a council somewhere in Essex,this person has detailed knowledge of council spending,where it goes and to whom.The council and this person will remain private for obvious reasons.

Just for starters.

All this under a Tory Government...surely this is a fib.:winking:

Just for starters.

Blimey. I'm going to start a riot. Anyone want to join me?

So you don't think the massive fear campaign run by the Tories & Tory press fueling anti-Scottish sentiment, in turn fuelled nationalism in Scotland? :facepalm:

50% voted SNP. I think you'll find that's not enough to win a referendum. I told my brother in law last year in Dundee before the referendum that whatever happened Scotland is ****ed. Oil is a fuel of the past like coal. It's too expensive to extract. They are in the wrong place to be competitive to trade with Europe and above all they do not have the same attitude to business and enterprise that we do. Far too many think the state should provide. The great shame was that not enough questions were asked about the SNP's daft policies. Rather the focus was on did Nicola Sturgeon look better with a bit of lippie and could she get in to a helicopter without falling over.

Just for starters.
So out of £730bn expenditure each year you've accounted
for 0.005% of it, and £36m of that is on housing benefit, something a lot of people support. Why would we riot over this?

Just for starters.

Considering "the deprived" is not a term used in "council" circles I doubt this is fact , plus there would be various different services which would sanction the use of Taxis, ie Adult, Health , Childrens services etc , not all of which could be described as "deprived"

As there are only 3 councils within Essex with that level of budgetary authority, Essex CC and the two Unitary Authorities , this does not sound like a particularly factual statement

Considering "the deprived" is not a term used in "council" circles I doubt this is fact , plus there would be various different services which would sanction the use of Taxis, ie Adult, Health , Childrens services etc , not all of which could be described as "deprived"

As there are only 3 councils within Essex with that level of budgetary authority, Essex CC and the two Unitary Authorities , this does not sound like a particularly factual statement

But why would mrsblue allow facts to get in the way of hyperbole?

Whether it it sounds factual or not,what I have said is 100% accurate.Ever wondered why we all pay huge council tax?

Back