• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown

Phil Brown was largely responsible for the beginning of our demise by adding veterans on high wages with no resale value. The fact we then got this guy back and gave him yet another budget to add further vets with no legs was Ron Martin’s darkest day and I’ll never forgive him for giving us Phil Brown ****ing twice
Can you please post this again so I can like it for a second time.

Sorry ,but the tipping point was the appointment of Sol and the blame is solely Ron's .The moment he couldn't financially even pay the players or staff,.led to a fire sale which left us with a squad of non league standard youngsters .This has led us to where we are now .All the managers since have been trying to reverse the damage with a limited budget which could never replace the quality lost in the core positions.
Our reputation caused by Ron hasn't helped the recruitment either to stop the rot

Sorry ,but the tipping point was the appointment of Sol and the blame is solely Ron's .The moment he couldn't financially even pay the players or staff,.led to a fire sale which left us with a squad of non league standard youngsters .This has led us to where we are now .All the managers since have been trying to reverse the damage with a limited budget which could never replace the quality lost in the core positions.
Our reputation caused by Ron hasn't helped the recruitment either to stop the rot
Totally agree. Phil brown is responsible for bringing those players in but at the same time Ron has put club into a position where those players (bargain basement rubbish) have become our level for potential signings. Those young hungry players with talent are not going to sign for club who had previously financial problems and winding up orders.

I have to say I’m quite pleased you’ve EXITED and found TIME TO SAY GOODBYE. It’s amazing how anyone could get so much wrong in a single post !
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours is no more valid than mine. UTB,COYB??

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours is no more valid than mine. UTB,COYB??
Silly me ! I could have sworn we lost our next game v Woking (and ,of course,Brown did a fantastic job after taking us down ).

Phil Brown on getting Sacked. I'm not listening to the whole 40 minutes so no idea if he mentions blues, probably not.
The only Blues mention is on 20:08, lasting about 5 minutes. Talks about a conversation with Ron Martin about player selection between Dan Bentley, Paul Smith and Ted Smith, and then about succeeding Paul Sturrock and a three-and-a-half hour conversation he had at Sturrock's house on the day of his first press conference when Luggy discussed the strengths and weaknesses of the squad to help him out.

The only Blues mention is on 20:08, lasting about 5 minutes. Talks about a conversation with Ron Martin about player selection between Dan Bentley, Paul Smith and Ted Smith, and then about succeeding Paul Sturrock and a three-and-a-half hour conversation he had at Sturrock's house on the day of his first press conference when Luggy discussed the strengths and weaknesses of the squad to help him out.
Spoiler alert....

and then about succeeding Paul Sturrock and a three-and-a-half hour conversation he had at Sturrock's house on the day of his first press conference when Luggy discussed the strengths and weaknesses of the squad to help him out.
100% respect to Sturrock for doing that. How many other sacked managers would have done that?.

His signing was awful, apart from two! Wasted our budgets too, apparently Dunne earn more than 3 Boreham Wood best players put together.

Back