• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a similar question, How are Sky as an ISP? I'm moving into a house with 5 other lads in September and We're looking at getting the Sky TV/Broadband/Phone package... Anybody heard anything regarding them?

I was happy with Freeserve for years, had no problems when they were taken over by Wanadoo and no problems again when they were taken over by Orange until a couple of months ago when I received a phone call saying they were scrapping my tariff and how would I like to move to a new package costing an extra £3 pm.

I then switched to Sky, after waiting for ages, and a variety of bs excuses for Orange to provide a MAC code until threats of action persuaded them that they could get hold of the information immediately.

I had no problems with Sky (See, Speak, Surf) and there's quite a decent independent Sky forum (covering everything to do with Sky) that helped with initial teething probs I had (mostly of my own doing).

The Sky help support is dire to say the least. They give you an 0870 number but there is a free number that they don't publicise (don't ask me for it but you can find it on the forum). I'd recommend that if you don't get a Scottish/English person first time around hang up and try again.

The talk package is well worth it. The basic Speak £5 pm only covers evenings and weekends but covers UK and quite a few international calls including mobiles. But for an extra fiver you get free calls all day and night, all year.

One important point which I can't even find in the small print. Sky completely CANE you for premium rate numbers. As long as you are still paying quarterly rental to BT for the phone just remember to dial 1280 and then the premium rate number to direct the call through BT (still not cheap but cheaper than Sky !!!).

Once fully set up I've had no problems at all with phone or Broadband.

well the actual changeover to TalkTalk passed without too much drama, Albeit at just under 1 meg speed instead of the "upto8" we was expecting. It seems to cut out a lot as I've noticed the router redialling every now and then. Will keep an eye on this as I've heard this is standard procedure for all ISP's when changing from 2mb to upto 8mb.

I beleive for a period of time (couple of weeks) the line is constanlty checked to determine the best speed that you should be running at.

Back