• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch Invasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 10 2006,07:32)]No halm in pitch invasion NO halm at all all they have to do is get the players out in the directors area like when we beat Bristol City!

I bet some if not all of you miserable 'don't go on the pitch' people were on it that day!
Throws your argument out of the window really!
1) learn to spell
2) no
3) no

Kids I can excuse, they don't know better and it was an emotional night, the circa 40 year old who hugged Freddy should know better.

Is this still not f%&king closed..

Jeez mods, this is just going round in circles, and has been since page 3!!..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 10 2006,08:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 10 2006,07:32)]No halm in pitch invasion NO halm at all all they have to do is get the players out in the directors area like when we beat Bristol City!

I bet some if not all of you miserable 'don't go on the pitch' people were on it that day!
1) learn to spell
2) no
3) no

Kids I can excuse, they don't know better and it was an emotional night, the circa 40 year old who hugged Freddy should know better.
That person was actually only 12 he has had a very hard life thats why he looks 40!!

suspect.gif

[b said:
[b said:

1) learn to spell
2) no
3) no

So going on the pitch against Manchester United is wrong....
But against Bristol City its ok?

Make you mind up sunshine!

As for 'learn to spell' is that the latest weapon in your arsenal? because you know I have found a loop hole in your argument!

YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND WANTING!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 10 2006,08:31)]My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

I think, in the life of a football supporter, there are stages that you go through.  As a kid/teenager, you cannot see the harm in doing certain things that you want to do.  One of these could be running on the pitch.  Another could be punching the bloke wearing an opposition scarf in the face.  The point is that both are technically illegal, but the problem is that some people cannot see the harm in the first one, but I'm sure we all can see the problem with the second.

There then comes the stage where we want our 15 minutes of fame.  Most youngsters are starstruck and want the chance to touch their heroes shirt or whatever.  Even responsible adults show this trait.  Regardless of the opinions of any particular pro footballers ability, if he moved next door to you and became a matey neighbour, he'd be the best thing since sliced bread and you'd be bragging to your mates that "I live next door to such and such".  And no, not ex-blue Darryl and his brother before some bright spark comes back with it - although XXXL16 or whatever his name was would have a field day!

The point here is that with a global audience there will always be someone that wants to get their mug on the box.  It doesn't just occur at football matches; any camera in a high street or shoping mall will be guaranteed to have some plonker in the background making faces and mouthing "Hello Mum" or something similar.

So does this excuse the invasion?

No - but it explains it.

Was I bothered about it?  Not particularly - I found it predictable as it would surely happen at at every single ground where a lower division side would beat Man Utd.

However, consider this... if it wasn't illegal and the club said it was ok to do it, then EVERYBODY would do it and then, rather than a few hundred people who want to please themselves and stuff everyone else, there WOULD be real harm done.  This point seems lost on the few that seem to think the rules apply to everyone else but they'll do what they like regardless and stuff you mate because that rule is stupid.

Is that selfish?  Absolutely... but then there will come the stage in life that Seb Weetabix has now reached but Xabia Shrimper obviously got to when he was 12 where there is no need to run on the pitch as the attraction to do so has gone, a sense of responsibility and respect for others takes over and you don't want to appear a tw&t on national TV.

Unfortunately there are some that will never learn to respect other peoples property/opinions/rights whatever but that is an entirely different topic and not for this forum.

So, in short, it happened, it was always going to happen (win or lose I guess... after all, we did have 2 of the most famous players in the world on our pitch) and I reckon the club are thankful that only a few hundred made it and were dispersed pretty quickly.

No big deal really to be honest... certainly not worth 14 plus pages of fairly selfish opinions by several people, but hey!  We're in the Carling Cup Quarter Finals so i's rather focus on that thanks.
good points fbm.

My original point also focused on the damage it could do to our club.

Here's a question for you pitch invaders?  Since running onto a pitch is justified apparently (dependant on the size of the game Man U, Col U(?!!) Bristol).  If we get Chelsea at the Bridge, who's gonna run on first when we win?

Or perhaps you will not, knowing the likley repercussions?  Bigger clubs take this far more seriously, both in administration, Policing and thankfully - the attitude of the fans.  They know the problems they can cause their club and therefore show more respect.

If you think we should stay in the realms of the Millwalls of this world in size and attitude that really is a shame.

We all hope of course that you see us moving towards the upper regions of the Championship. The club is trying to move "onwards and upwards" and so must you.

Importantly, the club you claim to love would not thank you for running on the pitch.

Also, for those not interested or bored in the differing views and opinions of many fans do not read or contribute to the thread.  Easy really - as you know.

Bristol.. winning the title, up to the chamionship, playing at the Hall.. I can see why people wanted to get on th epitch..

Man.U. top of the prem, at the Hall, first game in 100 years, Winning! I can see why people wanted ot get on the pitch..

Maybe if we played Man U. more than once a century people would be a bit more mellow about the whole thing.. Maybe if we won the League 1 title more than once a century everyone would be a tad more relaxed..

One of the joys of not supporting one of the 'huge' clubs is that when you do win something its that much more special..

I cant say people gonig on the pitch bothered me at all..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 10 2006,09:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

1) learn to spell
2) no
3) no

As for 'learn to spell' is that the latest weapon in your arsenal? because you know I have found a loop hole in your argument!

laugh.gif
you really are a plum aren't you. I was saying it was wrong to go on the pitch against Bristol C (in fact worse as the club specifically asked fans not to) And i didn't.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 10 2006,08:32)]No halm in pitch invasion NO halm at all all they have to do is get the players out in the directors area like when we beat Bristol City!
What about the babbling, bumbling band of baboons who spoiled the trophy lap-of-honour because they simply could not contain their excitement anymore (imagine what they were like a Christmas) and took it upon themselves to charge onto the pitch and surround the players and the trophy which subsequently resulted in many sections of the Roots Hall crowd not able to see THEIR team parade a trophy on the Roots Hall turf? That's perfectly okay, is it? A fair proportion of fans did not see the trophy, our first in a quarter of a century, but you were on the pitch so, hey! no harm done?!

slobocks ...

oh jeez...

guys, we're never going to agree on this..

oh ps:

watched the game on tv,
how good did the pitch invasion look...
biggrin.gif

your all just lucky, that they didn't decide to run towards the away fans!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 10 2006,09:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 10 2006,09:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

1) learn to spell
2) no
3) no

laugh.gif
you really are a plum aren't you. I was saying it was wrong to go on the pitch against Bristol C (in fact worse as the club specifically asked fans not to) And i didn't.
i think you should take a chill pill son..

don't want start on the insults etc..

encase it leads to more.

Can't say I'd ever do it myself but when someone says anything along the lines of 'I hope you're proud of yourself for contravening the ground regulations' or 'why are you proud of breaking the law?' then I know that I am instantly moving towards the pro crowd.

It's happened, no-one got hurt, the pitch looked alright from what I saw, no sign of any significant crowd baiting.

These are the realities fo the situation. Not every pitch invasion is like that but not every night sees you knocking the star-studded holders' team out of the League Cup.

I'll never be for pitch invasions as a planned event. What's the point? The Grimsby fans obviously wanted to go on the pitch regardless of result or league position and that exercise was throroughly pointless. Tuesday had just seen us record, arguably, the most significant result in our history*.

Talk of obeying ground regulations is nauseating when the fact of the matter is that the pitch invasion was completely harmless. I hope you realise how ridiculous citing the state of the pitch can sound!

*already prepared for XS retort of playoff final. Whilst I agree that promotion is better than getting through the next round, the fact that we were around 14s once the United team was announced is unbelievable for a home team and shows the scale of the mountain we had to climb.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 10 2006,10:15)]oh jeez...

oh ps:

watched the game on tv,
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
or vice versa.
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendpier @ Nov. 10 2006,10:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 10 2006,10:15)]oh jeez...

oh ps:

watched the game on tv,
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
or vice versa.  
down.gif
yes.. that would have been interesting... indeed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 10 2006,10:21)]*already prepared for XS
it's so predictable.. it's boring
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 10 2006,10:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 10 2006,10:16)]i think you should take a chill pill son..
CSJ you'd have to be a pensioner to be my dad  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

"no comment"
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 10 2006,11:21)]Whilst I agree that promotion is better than getting through the next round, the fact that we were around 14s once the United team was announced is unbelievable for a home team and shows the scale of the mountain we had to climb.
But that still doesn't excuse a couple of hundred people behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons on the pitch on national television ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 10 2006,10:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 10 2006,11:21)]Whilst I agree that promotion is better than getting through the next round, the fact that we were around 14s once the United team was announced is unbelievable for a home team and shows the scale of the mountain we had to climb.
But that still doesn't excuse a couple of hundred people behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons on the pitch on national television ...
It might not but in the scale of things that should bother us ranked by negative effects they have had, this is right down any decent list.

Not worth the fifteen pages (ten of which I couldn't be bothered with!)

laugh.gif

From what I could see it was 90% people under 16 anyway.

I was more worried about the 3 13 year olds drinking Jack Daniels on the roof of the west stand...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seany t @ Nov. 10 2006,10:39)]From what I could see it was 90% people under 16 anyway.

I was more worried about the 3 13 year olds drinking Jack Daniels on the roof of the west stand...
that's just southend as a town though..

national service i say..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back