• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Found this about tonight's youth game against Stoke:

Stoke's youth boss Adrian Pennock hails Southend as the best team he has seen this season ahead of tonight's FA Youth Cup fourth-round tie at Roots Hall.

Pennock took a sneak preview of Southend when watching them demolish Derby in the previous round at the same venue.

"They are the best team I've seen at youth level this season," said Pennock, despite playing against the likes of the two Manchesters, Liverpool and Everton already this term.

"We lost to Derby 3-1 earlier this season, but Southend went and thumped them 4-0 in the last round.

"Southend had a decent crowd watching them that night, with supporters banging drums and all that, so I'm expecting another good turn-out and atmosphere for our tie tonight.

"They will expect big things from their team, so I suppose we go there as the underdogs, but our lads will be looking forward to the challenge and will be quietly confident of getting a result."

It sounds like Ricky Duncan is making waves with our youth set-up and I think we'd all love to see more home-grown youngsters come through the ranks and into the first team. I know its likely the london clubs will poach any that turn out to be any good but hats off to Ricky and Tilly for investing in our future.

Found this about tonight's youth game against Stoke:

Stoke's youth boss Adrian Pennock hails Southend as the best team he has seen this season ahead of tonight's FA Youth Cup fourth-round tie at Roots Hall.

Pennock took a sneak preview of Southend when watching them demolish Derby in the previous round at the same venue.

"They are the best team I've seen at youth level this season," said Pennock, despite playing against the likes of the two Manchesters, Liverpool and Everton already this term.

"We lost to Derby 3-1 earlier this season, but Southend went and thumped them 4-0 in the last round.

"Southend had a decent crowd watching them that night, with supporters banging drums and all that, so I'm expecting another good turn-out and atmosphere for our tie tonight.

"They will expect big things from their team, so I suppose we go there as the underdogs, but our lads will be looking forward to the challenge and will be quietly confident of getting a result."

It sounds like Ricky Duncan is making waves with our youth set-up and I think we'd all love to see more home-grown youngsters come through the ranks and into the first team. I know its likely the london clubs will poach any that turn out to be any good but hats off to Ricky and Tilly for investing in our future.

Wait till they hear the crowd tonight. The East Stand will be rocking & the atmosphere will be better than a first team game:)

Don't forget take your flags, scarfs, confetti etc and give the youngsters a huge reception when they take the field.

Really want to go down to watch the game tonight, just trying to organise it now.

No need mate. The Club have already organised it. 7.45pm tonight.

Back