• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Just a realist. I think we're now a long long way from needing a 20k seater stadium. A new stadium would be wonderful, but i'd rather it was smaller and evolved around the main stand first.
I would prefer a main stand too, but you seem to be very limited in your ambition for the club. Personally I don't think 20,000 is big enough in the very long term so I hope it is built in a way that makes expansion feasible when needed.

Just a realist. I think we're now a long long way from needing a 20k seater stadium. A new stadium would be wonderful, but i'd rather it was smaller and evolved around the main stand first.
So what happens if we have a crazy few years and end up back in League One? Obviously I'm not saying it's GOING to happen but anything can happen in football, what if then the popularity of the club grows exponentially and we cannot fulfil the requirements of the fans? You always plan ahead no matter if it's going to be filled or not, it's about growing and attracting a bigger audience so you can build towards filling that amount.

The population of Southend is was estimated at around 314,328 in 2021 (obviously not all are football fans) what what's not to say we would grow towards filling that? We have already seen crowds of near enough 8000+ just because we went on a long run of not losing in the NATIONAL LEAGUE, so anything can happen, and the ambition you hold is very lacklustre.

Negative thinking I'm afraid. And it's 22,000. Some fans need to remind themselves about the proposals. It's all online. Both sites, Fossets Farm and Roots Hall. It takes some reading but it is clear to me that some posters haven't bothered to get their heads around the plans.

We've moved from Roots Hall before. This has nothing to do with caring or otherwise. It's simply a financial issue. Unless you have 10s of millions to pay for the stadium without having to rely on the revenue generated from the residential units you're faced with the only option, which is to move...which (as I've said before) we've already done once.
Just ignore them they are clearly a troll!

Come on Sniffy. Walk over and ask them. In the plans there is something called a balancing pond. ???? I'm sure we have some experts on SZ to advise. Alternatively the club could tell us.

Back