• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

So still no noise on what's happening or when. No sounds from the club at all.

And I see that uncle Ron has started attending matches again.

O.K. Guys, from a trusted HP. who has given permission to say. You're not going to like this. They have found some small Saxon Relic things, and have started digging to find more. Luckily it's only on the proposed training pitches at the moment. It depends on what they find, as to how long it will last, and how big this dig will get.

O.K. Guys, from a trusted HP. who has given permission to say. You're not going to like this. They have found some small Saxon Relic things, and have started digging to find more. Luckily it's only on the proposed training pitches at the moment. It depends on what they find, as to how long it will last, and how big this dig will get.
So Ron has visited the site and been mistaken for a Saxon relic. You could not write this bloody story of Ron's fantasy and downfall of our club. :Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious:

They're not mistaking the Saxon relic for the war chest? If it is a saxon tomb full of gold could solve all our problems!

Even if they discover loads of Saxon relics it will not be end of the world, nor will it stop the eventual development of the site. The discovery of ancient remains is happening all the time when development work is carried out in London. The historian diggers do their stuff and then every one moves on.

I'd be more concerned if they discover a thriving badger set, then we would really be in the manure. Can you imaging a training pitch with a little badger island in the middle? doesn't bear thinking about does it?

Enough already with the ancient relics, badgers and newts.

What's happening about the proposed bike rack.

Watched Viilareal last night and their stadium is 22,000 but looked very good and certainly had an atmosphere.
We can only dream.....?.?

In the supposed new era of openess and keeping us all informed, we really are due some sort of update from the club about the stadium project. Ever since planning permission was passed we've heard practically nothing other than what those in the know have gleaned from the council planning website. If there's another hold-up for whatever reason just tell us & don't treat us like idiots. We keep getting told its 'our' club, so treat us like it is.

In the supposed new era of openess and keeping us all informed, we really are due some sort of update from the club about the stadium project. Ever since planning permission was passed we've heard practically nothing other than what those in the know have gleaned from the council planning website. If there's another hold-up for whatever reason just tell us & don't treat us like idiots. We keep getting told its 'our' club, so treat us like it is.
I could guess that costings and estimates are going through the roof. We, (Ron) do seem blighted by bad fortune with outside, major, economic problems that have stymied this project for 30 years.

I could guess that costings and estimates are going through the roof. We, (Ron) do seem blighted by bad fortune with outside, major, economic problems that have stymied this project for 30 years.
I’m not convinced the stadium will get built by the martins. How long can roots hall last I don’t know. Longer than I believe Ron has been saying...

Those kind of problems would occur whatever RM did over 30 years, that's life in this world.. I don't accept that as an excuse when other clubs have built their new grounds much faster.

Maybe the scale of RM's dream and having to get others to fund it all was always going to be the stumbling block and still could be.

Those kind of problems would occur whatever RM did over 30 years, that's life in this world.. I don't accept that as an excuse when other clubs have built their new grounds much faster.

Maybe the scale of RM's dream and having to get others to fund it all was always going to be the stumbling block and still could be.
Fair point.

Not quite sure where to post this, so I'll stick it here.

With no political comment at all, following last night's local election results, Labour and the Lib Dems increased their numbers by 5 seats (3 Lab, 2 LD) and the Tories lost 2 seats. Presumably this means that there is no change in the control of Southend Council and therefore there shouldn't be any new impact on the approvals process.

Back