• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Players and Managers serve 14 day notice on Southend United ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that will be right. It wouldn't be up to Charlton to pay us the monies. The thing that may complicate matters though is if the transfer is structured in such a way that Charlton don't receive the money from Boro up front. A sell-on should be bonus money, it shouldn't be relied upon to keep us afloat.

I'm not so sure that's the case as the Bailey transaction is between Charlton & Middlesbrough, the sell on is a separate issue between CAFC & SUFC.

Did Ron claim that he was subsidising the Club last season? I thought it was pretty apparent that he wasn't able to spend a single penny on the Club in 09/10, hence all of our problems.

I thought he said that money had been provided by other Companies that he owned - fine detail in any case

Wouldn't even suprise me unfortunately. If that happened surely we wouldn't be far from the end?

20 mins looking at the forums and I'm now resigned to not having a club to support much longer. I hope this consortium are still lurking about, but suspect they are all puff and no substance.

As a metaphor, we've always run the taps with the plug out, but someones legged it with the plug and turned the taps off!

This has come direct from that football rumours website. HERE

The same site also says we are going to sign Lee Holmes from Saints for £100k!

RON get the hell out of our club! you have ruined sufc , pack your bags and do one! If he would have let the consortium taken over when it was rumoured at least we'd stand half a chance of surviving!

The club need to put out some sort of good news or a statement to help calm the masses. Preferably Tilson as I cannot believe a word anyone else says from the club at the moment.

If this is true though (and the way things are going, it sounds totally feasible worryingly!!), then holy cow...

Did Ron claim that he was subsidising the Club last season? I thought it was pretty apparent that he wasn't able to spend a single penny on the Club in 09/10, hence all of our problems.

so you cant recall at anytime over last year or the season before that RM making some sweeping statement about monies from one of his other companies supporting us and keeping us afloat, and also hes never mentioned how he has bank rolled the club and so on?? fek me you might need to go and see a doctor pretty sharpe if your braines that feked!!!!

so you cant recall at anytime over last year or the season before that RM making some sweeping statement about monies from one of his other companies supporting us and keeping us afloat, and also hes never mentioned how he has bank rolled the club and so on?? fek me you might need to go and see a doctor pretty sharpe if your braines that feked!!!!

I was talking specifically about last season.

What I still cannot get my head round in all of this, is how exactly are we in such bad shape? RM has still yet to explain this, and to the naked eye, and perhaps the uneducated, it seems incomprehensible that we have got to this point.

We averaged nigh on 8,000 over the last 3 seasons, and the season before that, 10,000. The season before that, again, around 8,000. We have had 3 appearances at The Millenium Stadium. We have had a number of decent cup runs against top Premiership teams. We have received decent money for players such as Freddy Eastwood and Nicky Bailey, and have no doubt, received excellent revenue from the commercial aspect of the club.

Of course, I appreciate that wages in the Championship were higher, but we hardly pushed the boat out on majoy signings, and any we did, we pretty much countered by the sale of Eastwood and Bailey in the following 12 months.

I simply do not understand how it has come to this, and for me, none of this adds up, or makes sense. RM has offered the recession, and the banks unwillingness to lend money, as the contributing factor behind the delay in starting building work - fine, BUT, that should not have left us in this state, no way never.

This club could break even on gates around the 6,000 mark, according to RM himself, and given that we have averaged at least 2,000 over that over the last 5 seasons, why is that equation now not balancing? I'm sorry, but this is not adding up, and no explanation by anyone on here has yet convinced me that all is what it seems.

As for the rumour - well why wouldn't it be true? Who in their right mind would want to stay contracted to this club right now? Being paid is constantly in doubt, the playing squad has been desolated, the manager has no assistant, we have no means (apparently) in which to improve the team, and for that matter, bring in an assistant manager, and it is likely, if we managed to fulfil our fixtures, that we will be headed directly to the Blue Square Prem. RM could not sack Tilly as he wouldn't be in a position to pay him off, and the back lash from the fans would potentially be too much for him, so as we have allegedly done with Macca and Barrett, he may be forcing his hand.

This is a mess, it's a disgrace, and more importantly, it's not a situation we should be in right now......

What I still cannot get my head round in all of this, is how exactly are we in such bad shape? RM has still yet to explain this, and to the naked eye, and perhaps the uneducated, it seems incomprehensible that we have got to this point.

We averaged nigh on 8,000 over the last 3 seasons, and the season before that, 10,000. The season before that, again, around 8,000. We have had 3 appearances at The Millenium Stadium. We have had a number of decent cup runs against top Premiership teams. We have received decent money for players such as Freddy Eastwood and Nicky Bailey, and have no doubt, received excellent revenue from the commercial aspect of the club.

Of course, I appreciate that wages in the Championship were higher, but we hardly pushed the boat out on majoy signings, and any we did, we pretty much countered by the sale of Eastwood and Bailey in the following 12 months.

I simply do not understand how it has come to this, and for me, none of this adds up, or makes sense. RM has offered the recession, and the banks unwillingness to lend money, as the contributing factor behind the delay in starting building work - fine, BUT, that should not have left us in this state, no way never.

This club could break even on gates around the 6,000 mark, according to RM himself, and given that we have averaged at least 2,000 over that over the last 5 seasons, why is that equation now not balancing? I'm sorry, but this is not adding up, and no explanation by anyone on here has yet convinced me that all is what it seems.

As for the rumour - well why wouldn't it be true? Who in their right mind would want to stay contracted to this club right now? Being paid is constantly in doubt, the playing squad has been desolated, the manager has no assistant, we have no means (apparently) in which to improve the team, and for that matter, bring in an assistant manager, and it is likely, if we managed to fulfil our fixtures, that we will be headed directly to the Blue Square Prem. RM could not sack Tilly as he wouldn't be in a position to pay him off, and the back lash from the fans would potentially be too much for him, so as we have allegedly done with Macca and Barrett, he may be forcing his hand.

This is a mess, it's a disgrace, and more importantly, it's not a situation we should be in right now......

Great post. I have been wondering the same really. It doesn't add up that clubs like Orient, Yeovil etc can get significantly less fans through the gates every week yet can still keeep on top of there finances.

Back