• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players' contract lengths

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Don't know if this wants to be made a sticky at some point when all the info is in, then it can just be copied and pasted to update it whenever contracts are signed/extended or whatever. Seems to me we often have this question come up time and time again of when so and so's contract expires, this keeps it all in one easy to find place. (Barney's being talked about made me think of it, I know Yorkie Blue has done something similar in the past but I couldn't find it):

Mildenhall, signed Jun 08 for 3 years, expires summer 2011
Francis, signed Jul 08 for 3 years, summer 2011
Christophe, signed Jan 09 for 2.5 years, expires summer 2011
Barrett, can't find his details, know he signed a long contract ages ago
Grant, signed Aug 08 for 2 years, expires summer 2010
McCormack, signed Jun 08 for 3 years, expires summer 2011
Barnard, signed Jan 08 for 2.5 years, expires summer 2010
Walker, signed Jan 08 for 2.5 years, expires summer 2010
Revell, signed Jan 08 for 2.5 years, expires summer 2010
Scannell, signed Jan 08 for 2.5 years, expires summer 2010
Moussa, signed extension May 08, expires summer 2011
Sankofa, signed Jun 08 for 2.5 years, expires winter 2010
Freedman, signed Sept 08 for 2 years, expires summer 2010
Herd, signed last season for 2 years, prob summer 2010
Laurent, signed extension Dec 08 for 2.5 years, expires summer 2011
O'Keefe, signed Nov 08 for 3 years, expires Nov 2011
Joyce, signed extension Jul 09, prob for an extra year

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Walker signed for 2 years and his contract is up in the summer.

So if that's correct at the end of the season we have the following up for renewal:

Grant
Barnard
Walker
Scannell
Revell
Freedman

Unusual for a contract to end mid season so maybe Sankofa's ends then as well.

I can only see Barnard and Grant offered new deals. Revell will probably go to Swindon in Jan and I reckon Walker will be off as well in the next window.

Freedman will retire from the game I expect.

Scannell I don't think will cut it at this level due to fitness issues.

I beleive Barrett is contracted to 2035.

In all seriousness, would let Walker, Freedman and Revell and get our key players- Francis, Moose, Granty, Macca and Barney signed up for longer deals.

Didn't Joyce signed a one year contract extension in June?

It's best to keep continuity and reward good performances with new contracts ;)

Barney is too good to risk a hundred quid here or there in my opinion.

Spot on.

Barnard is our best striker, and is near the top of the top goalscorers in the division and goalscorers don't grow on trees. I'd be looking to get his contract sorted now, followed by Granty.

Isn't it that type of short-term thinking that got us into the financial mess in the first place?

I would personally like to see the club use some of the warchsest to hire Derren Brown for a week or two. He could then be put to use making Osei Sankofa think his deal expires in 2010 and not 2011 thus savings us a whole years wages.

Isn't it that type of short-term thinking that got us into the financial mess in the first place?
Hardly.

The type of thinking you're suggesting is that we run the risk of losing one of our best players and only constant goal threat.

In football you pay wages. Get the lad signed on a new contract.

Hardly.

The type of thinking you're suggesting is that we run the risk of losing one of our best players and only constant goal threat.

In football you pay wages. Get the lad signed on a new contract.

I'm not suggesting we let him walk, I'm saying that if we rush through a deal now, we'll pay more than if we bide our time. We've got 8 months to sort a deal out, there's no need to force through a deal the week after he's hit a hat-trick and his value is at its highest.

It was only a matter of weeks ago that the consensus on here seemed to be that Barnard was rubbish as he was always injured. A few goals later, people seem to want to make him the highest paid player at the club.

I'm not suggesting he should be our highest paid player, I assume that was someone else.

He has less than a year to run on his current deal, we should certainly be offering him a deal by Christmas. We've seen players our best players go on a free before.

Back