• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players' contract lengths

I'm not suggesting we let him walk, I'm saying that if we rush through a deal now, we'll pay more than if we bide our time. We've got 8 months to sort a deal out, there's no need to force through a deal the week after he's hit a hat-trick and his value is at its highest.

It was only a matter of weeks ago that the consensus on here seemed to be that Barnard was rubbish as he was always injured. A few goals later, people seem to want to make him the highest paid player at the club.

Or we hold off and try and save a few £ and someone else comes in snaps him up and we loose our one top striker before the new season.

It must be unlikely that any player would sign a contract extension until this year's winding up order is sorted.
Hopefully negotiations will be opened with Barney and Grant soon after. Given Barney's injury history he may be happy to take a renewal though I can see Grant holding out until the end of the season to see who else comes in for him
Is Steve Tilson's contract up at the end of this season or next?

Back