• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players from the past you've still got issues with

YB's post in another thread about John Hendrie being a "diving tart" got me thinking.

Who from 10 years ago or over, still winds you up everytime you hear their name? I think people like Fry & Brady don't count in this as context as neither do players who played for Southend at the time!

3 for me: -

John Spencer for his disgusting overzealous inciteful goal celebrations (at least for 2 goals) when we got thumped 0-4 at QPR in December 1996.

Lloyd Owusu for similar reasons to above (Brentford AWS game, autumn 1998)

David Speedie for starting on Derek Payne (in Fry's last game?)

Ryan Baldachinno. He did nothing more offensive but score for Carlisle against us a few seasons ago but for some reason I've hated him ever since....

Must be the silly name.

Simon Grayson for capping the most depressing night's football in my supporting history.

Marco Gabbiadini for being a prize tool EVERY TIME WE PLAYED AGAINST HIM

The little prick playing right wing for Norwich whose name has thankfully escaped me.

I'm going to stay away from this thread for the sake of my sanity, suffice to say that I agree wholeheartedly with the nominations of Gabbiadini, Stimac, Rae, Speedie etc and I don't want to re-open any old wounds.

Terry Curran for both Sheffields - a Class A w@n**r.

Got to agree with that.

Fred Binney of Brighton for remarks he made about joining big club Brighton ahead of Southend - ******.

Bruce Rioch for kicking Colin Morris up in the air when he was clean through with Blues being 3-2 down in the cup at the Baseball Ground.

Billy Bonds for another assault on Colin Morris.

And one from Southend - Derrick Parker, say no more.

Definitely Gabbiadini, disgraceful dive to earn Sunderland a penalty against us, what 15 years ago at Roots Hall. Plus other shenanigans in other games.

Terry Curran for both Sheffields - a Class A w@n**r.

Need to add the lanky streak of pi$$ Ross Jenkins of Watford to my list as well as Lincoln full-back and Worcestershire batsman Phil Neale.

I'm surprised Keith Dublin's name wasn't mentioned in your list. Has that particular wound finally healed?

The years of pain of watching Keith Dublin attempt to "defend" have not healed. This thread is about opponents, not players who were inept but wearing a Southend shirt.

But talking of Dublins, his namesake Dion was always an annoying ****.

The years of pain of watching Keith Dublin attempt to "defend" have not healed. This thread is about opponents, not players who were inept but wearing a Southend shirt.

But talking of Dublins, his namesake Dion was always an annoying ****.

Funnily enough the best thing Keith Dublin did for us was in an opponent's shirt, nodding in the winning goal for us into his own net at Watford!

Dirtiest player I have eeen at the Hall and was an old and past it "Bernie Slaven " for boro who was totally living on past if not insicnificant glory, what a ****.

Back