• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players from the past you've still got issues with

Nathan Blake for spitting at Lapper when we beat Sheff Utd 2-1.

Steve Bull over celebrating in front of the South Stand on 2 occassions in the mid 90's.

Fry/Howell/Stein for warming the Birmingham City Squad up in front of us all in the North Bank when they returned on that memorable New Years Day.

And add to that list:

Paul Stewart vs Spurs when he got sent off.
Craig Rammage vs Watford his numerous gestures after he scored.
Stimac vs Derby for getting Regis sent off.
Curbishley v Charlton for moaning about his injured keeper.

Flack was always such a ****.

Ryan Ford for Torquay and Nathan Abbey from Chesterfield both ****ers who could give but not take it.

Abbou Sali from Kidderminster for being a professional footballer with so little talent it made me sick.

Warren Aspinall when at Brighton

Nathan Jones as well for being an arrogant ****er.

Almost anyone to have ever played for Tranmere but especially John Aldridge, John Morrisey, Eric Nixon, Chris Malkin.

Last edited:
Nathan Blake for spitting at Lapper when we beat Sheff Utd 2-1.

Steve Bull over celebrating in front of the South Stand on 2 occassions in the mid 90's.

Fry/Howell/Stein for warming the Birmingham City Squad up in front of us all in the North Bank when they returned on that memorable New Years Day.

And add to that list:

Paul Stewart vs Spurs when he got sent off.
Craig Rammage vs Watford his numerous gestures after he scored.
Stimac vs Derby for getting Regis sent off.
Curbishley v Charlton for moaning about his injured keeper.

Steve Bull :thump: :fury: :mad:

I knew getting involved in this thread would just get me wound up.

Dirtiest player I have eeen at the Hall and was an old and past it "Bernie Slaven " for boro who was totally living on past if not insicnificant glory, what a ****.

Funny enough I agree/ However I did his mortgage some years later and I have got to say he was still a total ****er....

The years of pain of watching Keith Dublin attempt to "defend" have not healed. This thread is about opponents, not players who were inept but wearing a Southend shirt.

But talking of Dublins, his namesake Dion was always an annoying ****.

I've got issues with that entire Cambridge side of around that time, and hence, I had no sympathy whatsoever when they were relegated to the Conference. I particularly had issues with Lee Philpott, the two Kimbles, John Taylor, and Paul R(?)somebody that celebrated a goal against us as if he had just won the World Cup at the Abbey Stadium under Fry.

I've got issues with that entire Cambridge side of around that time, and hence, I had no sympathy whatsoever when they were relegated to the Conference. I particularly had issues with Lee Philpott, the two Kimbles, John Taylor, and Paul R(?)somebody that celebrated a goal against us as if he had just won the World Cup at the Abbey Stadium under Fry.

Paul Raynor mate...

Agree fully hated Cambridge and Grimsby in that period.

This is exactly what I mean about re-opening old wounds.

Paul Raynor, god was he an annoying ****.

The others were similarly despicable.

Not forgetting that obnoxious **** of a manager - John Beck.

-Gary Jones playing against us- "same old Jonesy, always offside..." :)

-Kevin McNaughton from Cardiff annoyed me, complained a lot and looked like Jonathan Edwards

- Phil Jevons, the big whiny cheat

- Neil Grayson. can't remember why, he probably scored against us or something.

Raynor. Is he dead, I could do with cheering up?

How could you not want to punch this man?

paul_raynor_asst_man_470_352x470.jpg

Another reason to hate Boston, he appears to be their assistant manager.

Michael Fat **** Ricketts

shooting-gun.gif
michael_ricketts_203x152.jpg

steve_tilson_150_150x180.jpg

I know you suggested players who didn't play for Southend. I count Ricketts in that bracket as he achieved far more for the opposition than he ever did for us...

****er

Last edited:
Got to agree with that.

Fred Binney of Brighton for remarks he made about joining big club Brighton ahead of Southend - ******.

Bruce Rioch for kicking Colin Morris up in the air when he was clean through with Blues being 3-2 down in the cup at the Baseball Ground.

Billy Bonds for another assault on Colin Morris.

And one from Southend - Derrick Parker, say no more.

Wot Not Ian Porterfield ??

John Keeley of Brighton
Ted Macdougal (for some strange reason I can't remember)

What about their captain, Southend 'legend' Danny O'Shea?!

Back