• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Please Tilly don't spend

Southend Elvis

First XI
After what was, in my opinion the best game I've seen at the hall for years.... please Steve don't spend over 100k on transfers, look at what we had last night .. Clarke poor 250k, Paynter poor 200k .. JCR poor not sure how much, Harrold cheap as chips excellent, Freddy good 40k, rest mostly free transfers. Maybe Tilly can lift cheap players, and the ones who feel they don't need lifting i.e expensive players he can't. Just a thought?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 13 2006,15:17)]That Collymore was rubbish as well for £100k
Did Tilson buy Collymore then?
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Elvis @ Sep. 13 2006,15:46)]Depends what you mean, I just think Tilly works better with free transfers, maybe they have more to prove being freebies..
Surely the way your talking its the other way around.

Players that cost money have more to prove with their price tag...

Or that the expectation level is higher for six figure signings, whilst nothing is expected of players signed on the cheap - so that what would be deemed to be a success for a cheap player would be a flop for a more expensive player.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 13 2006,15:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Sep. 13 2006,15:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 13 2006,15:17)]That Collymore was rubbish as well for £100k
suspect.gif
No, but the point is still valid.
Didn't we used to say "sussed" at school on moments like these...?

laugh.gif

Tilly's secret is in signing players that are hungry to prove themselves and progress/further their careers at The Hall irrespective of the signing on fee. Clarke will come good I think as for Paynter he looks to be a poor signing at the moment but possibly a reasonable understudy for Ricketts ?

what a strange topic.
JCR and clarke could become very good players as for paynter am not sure.
If we get in the priemiership i think we will need to spend a bit more than £100,000
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 13 2006,18:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif

laugh.gif
Is that barrister talk, Matt?

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 14 2006,11:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 13 2006,18:51)]Didn't we used to say "sussed" at school on moments like these...?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Absolutely.

My lord, I am grateful to my learned friend for his representations, but in the light of the Expert Evidence given by Dr. Utterfraud, we submit that the only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn...

... is that he has been totally sussed, innit!!!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 14 2006,11:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 13 2006,18:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I think it was all part of the drive to make law "accessible" to all.

Barristers were instructed to use words like sussed instead of using Latin phrases and were told to replace their gowns and wigs with hoodies.

Big up to da Woolf man 4 dat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 14 2006,11:41)]Barristers were instructed to use words like sussed instead of using Latin phrases and were told to replace their gowns and wigs with hoodies.

Big up to da Woolf man 4 dat.
For real. U 'az seen my hoodie, sent all the way from Colorado by my home-boy, Seth, innit.

biggrin.gif

I would have thought players who come on a large fee, feel they have proved their worth by the price tag, its the managers that try to justify spending that much on them. Freebies on the other hand are generally surplus to requirements. As far as paynter being a good buy I'm really not sure, clarke has potential but hasn't shown much, and JCR, how many really think he's the answer.... what does he actually do on the attacking side of the game, for me not much..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wardy @ Sep. 14 2006,08:44)]what a strange topic.
JCR and clarke could become very good players as for paynter am not sure.
If we get in the priemiership i think we will need to spend a bit more than £100,000    
rock.gif
Toatal agree, this is bizarre!!

What has Clarke done wrong?!?!!?

Clarke has looked fine, IMO. The only specific thing he's done wrong was the Sunderland goal, but the move should have been cut out way before Clarke & Stead got involved. If it had of been 0-0 or even 1-0 to us I doubt we'd have had eight men upfield either.

You could raise question marks against him for a couple of the goals on tuesday but thats also the case with a fair few other players too. It was shambolic team defending at times.

With Clarke I think most people expect a bit more from him because of his price tag. When Barrett and Efe came to the hall I can't remember being as critical as I am with Clarkey, is it because they didn't make any mistakes or because we didn't pay anything for them...

Back