• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plymouth - An overview

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Nov. 18 2006,21:02)]forgot to rate hammell: 6.5 - was at fault for the goal because tried to pass it to gower when he was being marked (although credit for trying to play the ball out instead of hoofing it), looked better in the 2nd half and to be honest wasnt really troubled too much today
I like Hammell a lot (although i know some don't) but you don't f%ck around with the sort of pass he tried to give Gower. It should have been chipped down the line or in row XXXXX
From the South Upper it was clear Flavs had no chance with the strike. It could not have got more in the corner if it tried and it had a bit of bend too.

I also wanted to see Hammell take the free kick in stoppage time. Everyone was expecting Freddy to take it but Hammell could have tried curling it in the other corner as the keeper would really not have been expecting it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 18 2006,21:39)]That first half was as poor as I've seen for around 2-1/2 years.
Didnt you see the Ipswich game? We were much worse then

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 18 2006,23:59)]I also wanted to see Hammell take the free kick in stoppage time. Everyone was expecting Freddy to take it but Hammell could have tried curling it in the other corner as the keeper would really not have been expecting it.
Me too. I still think Hammell is the better free kick taker despite Freddy's wonderstrike against Man U.

Today's one was on the left and so better placed for a right footer.

As far as the goal we conceded is concerned, it should have been 'safety first' from Hammell. The fans might not like it when we hoof the ball away under pressure, but it's all about playing percentages.

Back