• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going from having 65% of the play in the first half to having 46% in the second suggests that we took the foot off the pedal and sat back to soak up any Plymouth pressure. What impressed me with Swindon on Tuesday was that even at 4-1 they were still trying to play the game at the same tempo. Why can't we play for 90 mins?

What happened to the team who blew Northampton away?
Will feel like a defeat, and a tough home game against Rotherham coming up and a tricky trip to Gillingham on the monday.
Can only hope for Phillips to come back, definitely our best defender, Id give Prosser a go at left back too.

It will be our inability to go for the throat when winning that will end up costing us this season, why oh why are we always content to protect what we have when we are so obviously superior to the opposition. All it takes is a wonder strike or a lucky break and then the tables are turned as per today!

At 2-0 up I dont want to be going for the throat and by attacking you give them even more chance of that lucky break. A 2 goal lead is enough to sit back on and they should not have thrown it away.

Crikey if we need 3 goals to feel we are comfortable then we have had it.

Took it too easy second half trying too see the game out. should of carried on playing as we did first half!
Swindon didn't think job done at 3-1 up.

2-0 at half-time and all we needed to do is not allow pressure on our defence, which has been worse than useless recently.

Via Chris Phillips on Twitter : "Feels like a defeat. Game turned on a mistake from Morris if you're being harsh. But did look like a penalty at the end."

Would be interesting to see if it was a penalty.

At 2-0 up I dont want to be going for the throat and by attacking you give them even more chance of that lucky break. A 2 goal lead is enough to sit back on and they should not have thrown it away.

Crikey if we need 3 goals to feel we are comfortable then we have had it.

Disagree, we were superior to them as has been the case in quite a few other games this season, carry on playing as we were and i have no doubt we would have gone on to get more goals, why change tactics and try to contain them? press on and get more!!

If shrewsbury, Torquay in fact anyone get in the play-offs we wont get to wembley. Sorry just majorly peeved tonight.

Thats us in the play offs then. looking on the bright side at least we might get a trip to wembly after all.

Coming on this forum after a defeat/dropped-points draw, always guaranteed overreactions and generalisations. What a stupid sweeping statement. There's 3 months of the season left, we're 2nd.

Negative set-up versus Swindon...cost us, negative second half set up today...cost us. Is it Sturrock or the players mentalities that are at fault?

First draw away from home this season coming in February, had to happen at some point I guess...

Typical. Took foot off pedal second half and tried to cruise when we should have gone for the juggular. Needs to improve.

At the end of the day we are 2nd. And there is no need for sweeping statements about where we are going to finish but this is Shrimperzone. Would be boring if it was different!

We will probably need another 30 points from the remaining 54 to go up automatically. Not going to be easy with our leaky defence. I fear we will end up in the play-offs.

I think any team coming up against Plymouth will struggle at the moment, they are fighting for survival, personally teams at the top are easier to beat than those at the bottom. i would actually like to see Southend, Swindon and Torquay do automatic promotion with Oxford doing the play offs just so they can prop up league one for us next year :)

Back