• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

think due to lack of funds they will recruit within - Coughlan / harris or barker

Pointless thread imho. We haven't got a pot to **** in, so can't release Sturrock until the end of the season I suspect, and we are hardly going to be able to pay for a decent replacement, so it will almost certainly go to Coughlan.

On a monthly rolling contract as I understand it, wouldnt be an issue.

lee bradbury would be a brilliant choice with coughlan as assistant. or coughlan as manager and as i said before, a lower league assistant with the knowledge. peterborough got promoted a few seasons back with loads of non league players (aaron mclean, george boyd, lee tomlin etc), if we can pick off the best of the young, cheap talent from the lower leagues, we could be on the right track.

On a monthly rolling contract as I understand it, wouldnt be an issue.

Are you sure? I know you've said it before but my understanding was that he's on an annual rolling contract.

As for the next manager in, my vote would be for Justin Edinburgh. I've always thought that Kevin Maher would end up back here as manager at some point as well so maybe him.

Lee Bradbury is a good shout. Ex-Shrimper, young and did a decent job at Bournemouth. I imagine he'd jump at the chance to return to league management too. Him with Coughlan and/or someone more experienced could be a good team. I don't agree with the suggestion of Harris, he has done nothing in his time with us to warrant staying on as a coach. How about John Ward? I'm sure he'd be a popular choice after the excellent job he did at Colchester :winking:.

Just to clarify, I don't think Sturrock should be sacked but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone at the end of the season.

I am not sure anybody would want to work with the current chairman and "his ways".

I don't think Sturrock should be sacked for one minute.........................but I don't make the decisions. If we don't get promoted this season, I feel sure he will go, though. If he does, I would go for someone with a reasonable record at non league level as he would be in a good position to sign some decent prospects cheaply.

My choice would be Glenn Pennyfather!

Lee Bradbury is a good shout. Ex-Shrimper, young and did a decent job at Bournemouth. I imagine he'd jump at the chance to return to league management too.

Agree with this. Not to mention he might be able to get the best out of a guy he played upfront with during his time here.

lee bradbury would be a brilliant choice with coughlan as assistant. or coughlan as manager and as i said before, a lower league assistant with the knowledge. peterborough got promoted a few seasons back with loads of non league players (aaron mclean, george boyd, lee tomlin etc), if we can pick off the best of the young, cheap talent from the lower leagues, we could be on the right track.

Posh did assemble a very good team cherry picking non-league talent but it wasn’t done cheaply. They had a big budget and decided to take that route rather than the established players on their way down route that most clubs with large budgets take. From league 2 they were offering these players more than clubs that were interested in league 1, I heard our proposed wage for Whelpdale was well below what he got at Posh.

Posh did assemble a very good team cherry picking non-league talent but it wasn’t done cheaply. They had a big budget and decided to take that route rather than the established players on their way down route that most clubs with large budgets take. From league 2 they were offering these players more than clubs that were interested in league 1, I heard our proposed wage for Whelpdale was well below what he got at Posh.

Also the same reason we missed out on Simpson. Was on a big wage at Posh, and only Creepy could match it.

Back