• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What about Alan Rickman?

Totally stole the show in "Die Hard". He then acted Kevin Costner so far off the screen in "Robin Hood - Prince Of Thieves" that Costner demanded that 15 minutes of Rickman's scenes be cut or he wouldn't allow the film to be released. Sadly, they agreed.

He then went back to RSC and doing provincial theatres before returning in the Harry Potter films. Where, to my mind, he's the best in it. Again.

A totally under-rated and often forgotten genius of an actor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 31 2003,11:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2003,11:47)][waiting for obvious addition]

WS
Wasn't he in Our Man in Havana, the Graham Greene adaption?
wink.gif

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Oct. 31 2003,11:51)]What about Alan Rickman?

Totally stole the show in "Die Hard".  He then acted Kevin Costner so far off the screen in "Robin Hood - Prince Of Thieves" that Costner demanded that 15 minutes of Rickman's scenes be cut or he wouldn't allow the film to be released.  Sadly, they agreed.
You mean over-actor Rickman? Talk about hammy....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 31 2003,11:47)]How about cr*p actors?

Hulk Hogan
Jon Bon Jovi
Madonna
The Appleton sisters
Keanu Reeves
Anyone in a Guy Ritchie mockney film (Apart from Mike Reid)
The first four I agree with (though i'm not sure if the appleton sisters have made a movie), but Keanu Reeves is very good, The Devils Advocate is a brilliant film (for anyone not seen it he stars alongside Al Pacino and Charlize Theron), and the matrix movies are good too.

Also Lock,Stock and Snatch are two of the best films I have seen - extremely funny.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 31 2003,12:00)](though i'm not sure if the appleton sisters have made a movie)

but Keanu Reeves is very good

and the matrix movies are good too.

Also Lock,Stock and Snatch are two of the best films I have seen - extremely funny.
4 points:

1) film was called Honest
2) you're joking- his piece de resistance was Bill and Ted's...
3) second one was pap- not wasting my time on the 3rd
4) funny? see Animal House for funny.

If anyone has seen Bram Stokers Dracula you will all know what a 'fine' actor Keanu Reeves is.

Lock stock and Snatch are absoulte cr*p of the highest order.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 31 2003,12:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 31 2003,12:00)](though i'm not sure if the appleton sisters have made a movie)

but Keanu Reeves is very good

and the matrix movies are good too.

4 points:

1) film was called Honest
2) you're joking- his piece de resistance was Bill and Ted's...
3) second one was pap- not wasting my time on the 3rd
4) funny? see Animal House for funny.
1) Ok-sorry didn't know

2) I agree with you there Paul but just because i forgot to put it in my post

3)This is where i draw the line the first two are really good, although I like Snatch more. and I agree with you on the third.

4) Don't know anything about Animal House, never heard of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 31 2003,12:00)]The first four I agree with (though i'm not sure if the appleton sisters have made a movie), but Keanu Reeves is very good, The Devils Advocate is a brilliant film (for anyone not seen it he stars alongside Al Pacino and Charlize Theron), and the matrix movies are good too.

Nicole and Natalie Appleton starred in the 2000 film 'Honest', which also starred fellow All Saint Melanie Blatt and was directed by David A Stewart (aka Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics). It bombed ...

Keanu Reeves? I've seen Queen Anne furniture less wooden that this man. The original Matrix was a fine concept but the second film was downright awful and too engrossed in its own arrogance (or rather the arrogance of the Watchowski brothers). I'll see the third one just because, but I'm not expecting any greatness ...

Lock, Stock and Snatch are both fine movies but they are certainly not classics by any means. And Guy Ritchie is certainly not the genius everyone expected him to be. I mean, have you seen 'Swept Away'?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2003,12:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 31 2003,12:09)]Don't know anything about Animal House, never heard of it.
Only one of the best comedies ever made :

Animal House

WS
Blimey- can't access that page, and IT admin have logged my request!

"ICRA languageprofanity PICS labeling level exceeded on the above site"

But yes, an absolute classic- Toga! Toga!

Truely fine actors are those who make you believe the charactors they portray are real people. Therefore, with that in mind the 5 greatest actors and their greatest moment are, in my humble opinion:

Sir Alex Guinness (Bridge Over the River Kwia)
Robert De Nero ( The Deehunter)
Peter Sellars ( Being There)
Robin Williams ( Good Will Hunting)
Christopher Walken ( Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead)

These choices are purely for the performances given by the actors in these particular films although many others have turned in some great performances over the years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Oct. 31 2003,14:12)]Truely fine actors are those who make you believe the charactors they portray are real people. Therefore, with that in mind the 5 greatest actors and their greatest moment are, in my humble opinion:

These choices are purely for the performances given by the actors in these particular films although many others have turned in some great performances over the years.
I f***ing hate Robin Williams.

He can only do two roles

1. Annoying comedy tw*t: Flubber, Mrs. Doubtfire, Mork and Mindy.

2. Sensitive Inspirational Maverick : Good will hunting, Dead poets society, Awakenings.

I wish his little egg had burned up in the earth atmosphere before he even got a chance to annoy us for the first time in Mork and Mindy.

Here are a few other actors on my list of shame

Billy Crystal
Tom Hanks
Meg Ryan
Catherine Zeta Jones
James Nesbit
Matt Damon
Ben Affleck

Christopher Walken on the other hand is complete class. A girl once told me that I looked a little bit like him! I would also add Al Pacino to the list of top actors for films such as Dog day afternoon, Godfather 2, Serpico and Scarface.

Well I can handel manic outbursts if its only one of my 5 choices. I just thought Robin Williams performance in Good Will Hunting complemented the rest of the fine cast. As for Christopher Walken, well as you quite rightly say, he is class. Al Pacino, has he ever made a bad film? I cant think of one. Rather like Kevin Spacey and Kevin Bacon as well but neither has yet turned in a show stopping performance although Spacey came very close as John Doe in 7even.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Oct. 31 2003,16:55)]Al Pacino, has he ever made a bad film? I cant think of one.

Rather like Kevin Spacey and Kevin Bacon as well but neither has yet turned in a show stopping performance although Spacey came very close as John Doe in 7even.
I can- d**k Tracey.

Kevin Spacey- excellent in LA Confidential and American Beauty

Kevin Bacon- Footloose, Wild Things (excellent 3some scene), and Sleepers.

But what about William H Macy- the guy's an acting masterclass in Fargo and Mystery Men...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 31 2003,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Oct. 31 2003,14:12)]Truely fine actors are those who make you believe the charactors they portray are real people. Therefore, with that in mind the 5 greatest actors and their greatest moment are, in my humble opinion:

I f***ing hate Robin Williams.

He can only do two roles

1. Annoying comedy tw*t: Flubber, Mrs. Doubtfire, Mork and Mindy.

2. Sensitive Inspirational Maverick : Good will hunting, Dead poets society, Awakenings.

I wish his little egg had burned up in the earth atmosphere before he even got a chance to annoy us for the first time in Mork and Mindy.

Here are a few other actors on my list of shame

Billy Crystal
Tom Hanks
Meg Ryan
Catherine Zeta Jones
James Nesbit
Matt Damon
Ben Affleck

Christopher Walken on the other hand is complete class. A girl once told me that I looked a little bit like him! I would also add Al Pacino to the list of top actors for films such as Dog day afternoon, Godfather 2, Serpico and Scarface.

RW
What about Good Morning Vietnam ?
CW
The Deer Hunter!

David Niven ?
d**k Boagde ?

Sean Connery and Mikey Caine are high on my list.

Anyone seen pay it forward, incredibly touching, great performance from Spacey.

Big fan of Robin Williams, has anyone seen that film 24hr film or something when he works at wall mart ?

Pete Posethweight is also a fine actor and who could forgot Richard Burton, ok always seemed a bit grumpy on screen but never the less a fine actor.

FM.

I'd like to Big-Up some actresses here:

Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth (may not be historically accurate - but you get the point)
Rita Hayworth in Gilda (v. sexy)
Emma Thompson in Sense & Sensibility (bit luvy but still a good scene)
Juliet Stevenson in Truly Madly Deeply (great Brit flick with the yummy (and already mentioned) Alan Rickman).

Back